Alternative to Thunderbird email recommendations please?

Options
I have very slow internet (upload is often 0.00 for example and download generally between 0.50 and 0.80 mbps and completely erratic and unstable!!) due to my location. Up to now I've used Thunderbird to manage my emails, I have 3 different gmail accounts so it makes it easy. However as my broadband seems to be getting progressively worse, thunderbird often tells me it's been unable to send an email. So I try to resend, only to find that the first one has actually gone and my recipients have received it twice.

Is there anything that would work better on a slow connection or should I resort to using the webmail version of Gmail which seems fine under these conditions?

Thanks for any advice

DS

Comments

• bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gmail online at basic setting or outlook (the free version)
  • psychic_teabag
    Options
    I use a thing called "claws mail" - I think it's primarily linux, but looks like it's also available on windows. It's quite lightweight (compared to thunderbird, certainly) which is one motivation for me, since my pc is fairly old. It handles multiple accounts with ease.

I think it caches emails, which would help with your bandwidth problems.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    However as my broadband seems to be getting progressively worse, thunderbird often tells me it's been unable to send an email. So I try to resend, only to find that the first one has actually gone and my recipients have received it twice.
    I would suspect any email client would potentially have the same issue. The safest way would be through the website.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I have 3 different gmail accounts
    Basic Gmail Web
    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/1pq68r75kzvdr/?v%3Dlui
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure