Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was going to say stress before you mentioned it.

Time to meditate?
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi cath, I hope the new job goes well :) the deliveries has made life easier , I'm using the £3 pm up to one delivery a day (tues/weds/thurs) with a £25 minimum, so I try and get 2x small ones a week to save on top up shopping a bit.

Hi al, The lump in my throat seems to be smaller since yesterday - fingers crossed it carries on like that as it has been pretty scary. I think stress might be at least partially the cause which is so strange as I don't feel I have any reason to be stressed out, but I suppose it doesn't work like that.:o. I've been trying to do deep breathing but have never meditated , is that something You have done and do you have any tips at all?

I'm was feeling a bit guilty yesterday as it's half term and I've been working, plus we usually do something special on Halloween , the last couple of years we have stayed near Alton towers and had a couple of days out there, before that we have had big parties. This year it's low key, but I bought a few bits from £1 land and have decorated the fire place , plus I took the kids to the local farm and bought a couple of pumpkins.

Ds2 has done a fantastic job with the big one, if I can I'll get the kids to try and post a picture on here :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    Ugh we have a halloween party tomorrow. Seemed like a good idea at the time!

You just sit or lie comfortably and concentrate on your breathing and when thoughts come into your head just re focus on the breathing.

it is amazing how different you can feel even when you thought you were calm to start with. I need to take my own advice really. I have been doing all the wrong things lately.
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks al will give that a try, you might need to have a go yourself after hosting a Halloween party :rotfl: hope it goes well, hard work but these are the things the kids remember when they get older :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Not sure where the thumbs up came from in the last post!
  • Alchemilla
    Options
    Weird!
    We always do a Halloween party when it falls in half term.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A low key Halloween might be just what you need.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    Options
    We did have a low key Halloween, ds2 (with a bit of help) carved three pumpkins , I did go a bit crazy this year. We had about 8 lots of trick or treaters and a curry with my parents.

My throat seems a bit better today, still feels weird but no lump more like its a bit numb, fingers crossed it keeps improving.

Dh couldn't sleep so went to work at 3.30am this morning, nothing planned today except the Inlaws are coming over later. Will go through the accounts today and I never got around to planning next years financials so I might do that.
  • newgirly
    Options
    It's all going on here today, we live on a main road a few doors along at a right angle to a small row of shops. Lunchtime we had a police car outside and dh saw an officer walking past our house with a stun gun.

Then a few hours later he went to get the boys a some chips to go with their fish and peas I made and found out from the owner that he'd had a run in with the a neighbour who was parking in his space, apparently they had a big fight and the police were called.

Fast forward to tonight and the boys heard banging and instead of fireworks saw a car on fire a few doors along :eek: I rang 999 and they already knew about it but were unable to come out straight away as they are all on strike. After about 15mins they came, but by then it had exploded and set light to a few trees. Seems a bit of a coincidence two things happening the same day. Sounds like we live in the Wild West really!
  • newgirly
    Options
    No more dramas today :) dh is out with ds2 at the cinema this afternoon and has just rung to say he is buying a dishwasher :j (I have been dropping hints a little!) the one we have has not worked for 2 years and was my parents old one, he is currently collecting a beko one £205 with £50 off. Hopefully it will help as I'm trying to reduce stress and train the three lazy lodgers I have :rotfl: dishwasher filling lessons will start later on. The money is coming from the rapidly reducing inheritance he got earlier in the year, so not for. My £1500 challenge money.

Back in a minute with the final draft for 2015 :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback