Dreaming of a life after debt

Options

Comments

• Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening

Another busy but really fun day. I had such a good laugh at the graduation and was given a small bouquet of flowers.

I have nearly everything done on my To Do list but not all ...will have to get on with it. I have the last set of minutes badly drafted but at least a starting point for when I return on Tuesday. I didn't get near the car but it can wait. So plans for when I return from England is to cut hedge (subject to weather) & clean out car.

In between I'm going to see my sis and have a lovely time:D
    Munchin wrote: »

To Do
    • [STRIKE]gym[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]hairdressers[/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]3 sets of minutes (happy to get 2 done & away & 3rd one drafted
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]head to family members graduation ceremony this pm
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]pack[/STRIKE]
    • clean out car.
  • Munchin
    Options
    June spends

Sun 25th - NSD
    Mon 26th - £17.16 (Hair dye, Halfords & Tesco)
    Tues 27th - £7.98 Disney store & £20 refund
    Wed 28th - £1.80 (bananas & choc)
    Thurs 29th - £57 (diesel, gym & Hairdressers)
    Fri 30th - (England)
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning all

I'm back from a windy/wet/sunny/not sure what it wanted to do weather wise - England :). I had a great time with family and got to hold new nephew lots :D.

We ate out, we went for long walks, we hit the shops but didn't spend too much and then we had nice nights in with scrabble and wine ....gone are the party days :D.

I hired a car which I drove about 100 miles in total because when I returned it the girl thought that I had only hired it in the morning rather than 4 days ago. Anyhow I had a bit of a scare because when she was assessing the car for damage there was a nick in the tyre which I didn't do. The damage to the alloy was recorded before I left but what I didn't notice and neither did the hire place was that the damage to the alloy went into the tire. The girl said that it wasn't fit to drive and agreed that the tyre cut was connected to the alloy damage. She couldn't confirm yesterday if I would be charged for a new tyre and alloy as the tyre damage wasn't recorded previously. I explained that it was obvious both were connected and they allowed me to drive out in a car not fit for purpose. I got an email with an invoice this morning but no additional charges ...phew. I had taken out excess car insurance as per Martin's tips and I had recorded the damage to the car with my phone but the cut in the tyre wasn't picked up at all. Will be super super careful in future.

Money front - so July salary hit the bank account and swiftly shot back out again to various bills and savings. I had some money sitting in a buffer fund which I was trying to build up but I've changed my mind as I need to concentrate on savings and debts so I put £100 extra to the credit card this morning. I use an app called "My mountain of debt" which has an ant worker who chips away at your debt mountain when you update your totals - it is just nice seeing the money chipping away. It was nice to have the ant knock a few extra blocks from my debt this morning (little amuses the innocent :o). I also use the 'Receipt Hog" app to snap any receipts myself and OH have and have finally reached £3 payout for my recepts :) but I will keep snapping and build it up.

I have 2 Asda Xmas gift cards which I top up when I remember :o. I was in Asda today doing my grocery shop and topped up both cards. I give 1 to my Mum at Xmas and the other I use in January when things are a bit tight. I now have £75 on one and £50 on the other and I need to save £144 on both to get the £6 top up.

Money

Purse - £112.13
    Entertainment - £30
    Groceries - £58.21

Plans today

I have list of things to get done today as I'm back to work tomorrow -
    • Wash holiday clothes, iron and put away
    • Wash dog
    • make natural protein bars for lunch
    • prepare work clothes & lunch for tmw.
    • Sort out July budgets.
  • Munchin
    edited 8 July 2017 at 3:40PM
    Options
    July spends

Sun 02nd - (Holiday budget)
    Mon 03rd - £41.79 Asda
    Tues 04th - NSD (3)
    Wed 05th - NSD (4)
    Thurs 06th -NSD (5)
    Fri 07th -£6.70 (Chinese)
    Sat 08th -£25.04 (Tesco) & £22.40 (Pets at home)

Total = £95.93
  • Munchin
    Options
    Hi

I have most things done on my list but just need to sort out lunch and clothes for tomorrow. I have to take nephew to a party at 5 and after that I have the night to myself :).
    Munchin wrote: »

Plans today

I have list of things to get done today as I'm back to work tomorrow -
    • [STRIKE]Wash holiday clothes, iron and put away
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]Wash dog
      [/STRIKE]
    • [STRIKE]make natural protein bars for lunch
      [/STRIKE]
    • prepare work clothes & lunch for tmw.
    • [STRIKE]Sort out July budgets[/STRIKE].

I spent an hour this afternoon on Swagbucks. I tend to get fed up with surveys as I never get to finish them before they say I'm not suitable but I finally checked Swagbucks today after a long time and because there is a double swagbucks promotion on I was able to request a £5 Amazon voucher....this is the first time in years I've ever claimed anything.

Surveys & Voucher

Swagbucks - 350 SB
    Topcashback -£1.93 Payable, £27.78 Confirmed & £9.88 Pending
    Amazon - £5 Swagbucks & £3.93
    Next - £20
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning

I was going to get the super early train so that I could catch up on emails before my colleagues arrived but unfortunately my bed was too comfy:o. I will get the next train which will still get me into Belfast before most of my colleagues.

I had a look at Swagbucks this morning but some of the polls haven't changed from yesterday so I think that will now be an evening job.

I've joined the 'NST Joyful July' thread and am going to aim for -

NSDs - 3/16
    Bring lunch to work - 1/16

Plans today -
    • Finalise running minutes
    • Check bank accounts
    • Swagbucks
    • Free postcode lottery
    • Run.
  • Munchin
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Yeah today is Friday & I have a meeting with big boss at 3pm .... need a trembling knees emoji :). Only in work 3 days next week because of 12th holidays.

NSDs going well & hopefully OH will get wine for tonight & I can claim another NSD. I'm going to do my best to try & keep shopping to weekends.

Went to gym last night & feel a bit achy this morning :o.

Plans today - work... come home & fall into the weekend 🥂:)
  • Munchin
    edited 8 July 2017 at 4:08PM
    Options
    Hi

I survived my meeting yesterday but I have quite a bit of work to get done in the next few weeks. I think this week I feel more settled in my new job which I started at the end of Feb and feel that I will enjoy it :).

Today has been quite busy but I can almost relax now. I went to Tesco and got exactly what was on my list and then went to get dog food and paid for an extra bag as it was on offer. I went for a 3 mile run in my local forest (really doesn't deserve that title as it isn't huge) as it is a glorious day and tomorrow is supposed to be a damp squid. I dug out summer clothes out of my storage box, ironed them and put them away in the hope that summer is actually here. I attempted to hoover the hall but the hoover died on me...hopefully OH will be able to resurrect it. I also gave the bathroom a lick and a promise :).

I found another new app that might help with moneysaving offers. It's called 'Shopmium' and it gives offers on certain groceries and some are 100% discount. You buy the product and then scan the receipt and they refund the money into your paypal account. Its only moneysaving if you need the product, for example I got a 110g Dairymilk today for a £1 in my normal grocery shop and I'm getting that money back. Yes I needed it :D

OH is talking about using up the last of his birthday vouchers to go out for dinner tomorrow. After that it is back into work for 2 days :)

Money

Purse - £30.95
    Entertainment - £31.30
    Groceries - £43.67
  • Munchin
    edited 12 July 2017 at 6:10PM
    Options
    July spends

Sun 09th - NSD (6)
    Mon 10th - NSD (7)
    Tues 11th -£13.15 (pressie & choc)
    Wed 12th - £7.88 (choccys for nephew & wine)
    Thurs 13th -
    Fri 14th -
    Sat 15th -

Total = £21.03
  • Munchin
    Options
    Doing a plans tmw so that I can have a break over the public holidays -
    • Clean out bathroom
    • Hoover & mop hall
    • Wash out fridge
    • Tidy & mop kitchen
    • Hoover living room.

I would like to cut the hedge at my Mums during the week but that depends on the weather. Once I have all above done I can relax, do some swagbucks & go out for dinner:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure