Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you had a nice early night PSL.

Dxxx
  • lulabelle
    Options
    Hey PSL, just caught up on your diary. Just a quick one to say hang in there. I have been where you were. I remember in 2004 when I lost my job, told my cats (I had 2 different ones back then) we would have to tighten our belts, then promptly went shopping and bought clothes and shoes to cheer myself up, even though I was in masses of debt, then had no income and had just bought my first house!!!

I do (like the others) think you need to try to stop the impulse purchases but agree that a good first step would be a "fun" fund so you don't feel as much guilt. It's hard to just stop spending after a habit has formed (and particularly when you're single as I was for a LONG time!) but maybe that way you can start weaning yourself off gradually?

At least, mind you, you are spending on "things" - these days, I spend most of my cash on food and that just comes out me bum!!
    I want to be a writer
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Thanks lulabelle. I do want to buy everything at the moment. Payday is in half an hour. Then Its loan payment on Monday. And black friday tommorow for christmas presents only, not for anything for me.
    I didn't spend any money today but it was a bit if a battle. Its a quiet weekend and nothing in diary next week till 1st. No drinking either. Completely cutting back after drinking way too much. Trying to give body and liver a rest.

126 loan days left from 25.11.16.
    Payday day
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Payday is 25.11.16. Need to stay on plan. Get christmas sorted and survive December.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • lulabelle
    Options
    Good luck today PSL. Just visualise how good you'll feel if you stick to budget. I have just made a shopping list (where we spend most money) in the hope of limiting it but the boy has informed me we need more floor paint!! Sometimes I think the only way not to spend is a month of solitary confinement!!
    I want to be a writer
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Payday today, next one 4 weeks.

A bit tricky today
    £60 exam fee, I had forgotten about this, more of this next year
    £10 lunch
    £38 black friday christmas shopping

Also paid first payment under very
    Now home, tommorow small food shop and lots of study and home in the evening.

So no drinking at all for rest of month. Eating everything in the freezer and not making any more plans.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    125 days of loan.
    1 to loan payment and balance £1530
    3 weeks and 5 days to payday.

Today is busy and low spend.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • reality_check
    Options
    Good for you resisting Black Friday! I was at Trafford Centre last night and really wasn't busy/great bargains to be had. Think everyone shops online now - my preference too! Have a good weekend x
    Starting debt £18,675.63 :eek:
    Current debt: £5,000 (16/05/18)
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Oh Reality days gone by I would have bought as much as I could carry. I love all that sales drama! Its so exhilarating. I do feel very restrained. Although its only a small bit of me that feels I missed out. Mostly I feel quite smug, although I have no business to with the amount of debt im sitting on and its only one day I didn't shop on but does feel like a massive achievement for me.

Yesterday was nsd. So need food shop today and take some lunches for next week. Maybe make soup.

Pay the loan tommorow down to £1530. Still hate it. 124 days left
    Payday 3 weeks 4 days

No other news. Quiet day today, no alcohol. Ordinarily if i hadn't drank fri or sat then sunday would be 2 hours minimal pub but not today. Im hoping for a productive week this week. And pay most bills next week.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good for you resisted spending! I did too.

There are lots of things I would love but I don't need any of them so I spent £0!

We can be smug togther
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport