Requesting copies of Nationwide statements

Options
I am applying for a mortgage shortly and will potentially need up to 3 months of my nationwide current account statements.

I know I can get these online through online banking. But my issue with these is that the statement date is from and to the 10th of every month.

Is it possible to go into branch or call up online to request copies of my bank statements from 1st June to 1st August for example? This type of date range isn't available on online banking.

Any help much appreciated!

Comments

• YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 July 2017 at 10:08PM
    Options
    richy4 wrote: »
    Is it possible to go into branch or call up online to request copies of my bank statements from 1st June to 1st August for example? This type of date range isn't available on online banking.
    Unless I've misunderstood you, I can "enter dates" of 1/4/17 to 1/7/17 for my Nationwide current accounts and see a list of all transactions covering that period.

Or do you need it in an 'official' looking pdf format? If so, then why not submit 4 months rather than 3 to cover the period required?
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    Official format required! It's a pain that I can't actually manually insert dates to create my own tailored statement from 1st to 30th/31st of every month I want.

Seems only way to get this is by going in branch or on phone? I assume they'll charge for this too
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just sent the last 3 statements. That's all they want.
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    edited 9 July 2017 at 10:59PM
    Options
    Seems only way to get this is by going in branch or on phone? I assume they'll charge for this too

You won't get what you want in branch or over the phone either. The statements will still be from 10th to 10th.

You can change the date to 1st of the month for future statements, but you can't change statements that have already been issued.
  • richy4
    richy4 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    The statements will still be from 10th to 10th.
    Why? I don't get this. It seems very counter-intuitive when most people get paid at the end of the month not on/around the 10th? What is the great big deal about the 10th to Nationwide?
    You can change the date to 1st of the month for future statements
    How do I do this? There does not appear to be an option on the online banking.

This, amongst other things has now swayed me to switch bank accounts ASAP once I've secured my mortgage! :cool::mad:
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! Is that an over reaction?
    Your statements are from the 10th because that is the anniversary of your opening.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Why? I don't get this. It seems very counter-intuitive when most people get paid at the end of the month not on/around the 10th? What is the great big deal about the 10th to Nationwide?
    And similarly, what's the great big deal to you if they do this - your mortgage provider is surely just simply asking for your last three monthly statements (originals as issued) rather than artificially-constructed statements that are aligned with calendar months?
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Options
    Why? I don't get this.
    Nationwide will be best placed to answer that. Presumably you've asked them by now...by phone, branch visit, or via secure message?
    It seems very counter-intuitive when most people get paid at the end of the month not on/around the 10th?
    Do they? How do you know?
    What is the great big deal about the 10th to Nationwide?
    I wanted the 10th, but they went and gave me the 18th without even asking me! ;)
    This, amongst other things has now swayed me to switch bank accounts ASAP once I've secured my mortgage! :cool::mad:
    Interesting decision. Which other banks will pay you 5% AER every other year on your wages until you spend them? And which other banks align statements with month end? Do they pay interest? Or have a fee-free overseas use credit card, which also pays 0.5% cashback on Sterling spend?
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Well make certain that you open the new account on the 1st of the month otherwise you'll be disappointed with it's statement dates too.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Unless you've been asked to supply statements based on calendar months you don't have a problem.

From the banks perspective it's far better to spread the statements (and interest/charges) throughout the month as that puts less pressure on their computer processing and postage at the end of the month. It really shouldn't be a hindrance to anyone as all the information is still available.
    I hate verisimilitude.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport