IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking Fine

Hi,

I’ve received a parking fine from Highview for parking at robin retail park in Wigan. There is a two hour limit on match days apparently and four hours on non match day but this wasn’t clear to my wife when parking. She parked at 12.30 and left at 14.50. The match was actually in the evening as it was a Thursday so no potential for damages to be suffered by the landowner. My main issue is that my wife has already filled in the online appeal to Highview and effectively admitted to being the driver. Can someone advise on the best course of action to get this PCN quashed?

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,031 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Try starting by reading the newbies thread where all will be explained, admitting to who the driver was isn't the end of the world, and Highview are not the sharpest tools in the box anyway.

Who told you it was a fine?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in and how to deal with this.

You will see the next stage appeal will be to Popla if the initial one fails

If it does then construct your popla appeal and post it here for comments before sending it
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Once you've read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, where you will see the initial appeal template, send that off to Highview (absolutely no alterations) and you will get a cancellation from them within 2 days.

Submit the appeal exactly as stated on their NtK, including full name and address.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Never any need for any Highview threads. Can we ban them to save time?! :D

Search for Highview and see how easy it will be to win! Tell us when it's won.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Please can I ask how you got on with this? I am in the same situation for Robin Park and I am currently about to send a POPLA appeal.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,628 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Alex1801 wrote: »
    I am currently about to send a POPLA appeal.
    Don't do that just yet Alex.

Best you start a new thread and show us your draft PoPLA appeal for peer appraisal.
  • Hi
    I’m unsure how to look on the newbies page. My daughter is trying to appeal against her highview parking fine
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    its not a page, its a thread containing posts

so go to the TOP of this forum, look at the third thread down and click on it, read the first post (post #1)

tell her to appeal as KEEPER (no blabbing about who was driving) and to copy the BLUE TEXT template appeal into the appeal box, NO CHANGES WHATSOEVER

if they fail to cancel and issue a POPLA code, tell her to read post #3 of that same NEWBIES thread and to construct a POPLA appeal

if they DO cancel, its over
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Take the matter up with your daughter's MP.

It is the will of Parliament that these scammers be put out of business. Hopefully that will take place in the near future. The Bill has passed through the HOC without hitch, and goes to the Lords soon. In the meantime involve your MP, the poor dears are buckling under the weight of complaints about these scammers. Read this one which I wrote earlier

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors. Is has been suggested by an MP that some of these companies may have connections to organised crime.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, (especially Smart}, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week), hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers.

Sir Greg Knight's Private Members Bill to curb the excesses, and perhaps close down, some of these companies passed its Third Reading in late November, and, with a fair wind, will become Law next year.

All three readings are available to watch on the internet, (some 6-7 hours), and published in Hansard. MPs have an extremely low opinion of the industry. Many are complaining that they are becoming overwhelmed by complaints from members of the public. Add to their burden, complain in the most robust terms about the scammers.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Hi,
    Sorry if I'm missing something obvious but where is the newbies thread that is mentioned along with the template to copy??

I can't see it at the top of the page
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport