Income protection insurance

Options
Does anyone have any info about income protection insurance for self employed?
Is it worth it?
Best company?
Any that don't require medical details etc?

I can't seem to find anything on MSE website about it.

Thanks

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    the life insurance brokers mentioned on this website also do income protection, I used them as well. Not sure about not requiring medical details as they would and understandably it is about risk and who they want to insure.

Are you not looking for unemployed insurance?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,461 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is it worth it?

Yes. Income protection is one of the most important protection plans a person can have. People insure their phone, their cat or some other weird things. Yet often dont protect their income. Without which, everything else fails.
    Best company?

Not possible to answer on the limited information given.
    Any that don't require medical details etc?

no.
    I can't seem to find anything on MSE website about it.
    MSE is owned by a comparison site. It is not a product that appears much on comparison sites. It is still mostly retailed via IFAs and whole of market protection advisers.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Yes. Income protection is one of the most important protection plans a person can have. People insure their phone, their cat or some other weird things. Yet often dont protect their income. Without which, everything else fails.

Not possible to answer on the limited information given.

no.

MSE is owned by a comparison site. It is not a product that appears much on comparison sites. It is still mostly retailed via IFAs and whole of market protection advisers.

in terms of medical details, don't you need to fill in a questionnaire and based on this may need a gp report?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport