PPI Loan company stats must contact Brooker regarding claim

Options
Hi
Can anyone help, has this happened to anyone.
Made a Claim for Mis-sold PPI from Paragon Finance, had aletter back from them today saying nothing to do with them, I must contact the brokerand take it up with the broker.
Is this normal, should I write back saying no the loanwas with you and you should know what the broker set up.
Can anyone help?
Thanks

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Is this normal

Yes. The seller is responsible for the sale. Not the provider. The provider is only liable if its their staff member that sold it or an agent of theirs.
    should I write back saying no the loanwas with you and you should know what the broker set up.

No. The PPI issue is not about the product. There is nothing wrong with having PPI. It is whether it was sold correctly or not.
    Can anyone help?

You complain to the broker (assuming you took it out after January 2005)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • jamingdodger
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the reply the loan was taken out with Loans.co.uk on 09-02-2005, I will send a claim form to them.

Thanks again.
  • Maidit
    Options
    Help please I was sold PPI by an Independent Financial Advisor working at Abbey National (we sat in the branch so I had assumed he was woking for them!) in 1995 I have my mortgage number but no other details. Is there any chance I could be any money back??
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Again, none whatsoever.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Maidit wrote: »
    Help please I was sold PPI by an Independent Financial Advisor working at Abbey National (we sat in the branch so I had assumed he was woking for them!) in 1995 I have my mortgage number but no other details. Is there any chance I could be any money back??

2013 thread revival on a duplicate posting too. Well done ;)

The answer is still no.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Maidit
    Options
    Thanks for help at least I wont be wasting my time trying to claim now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure