Sky Not Honouring Offer

Options
Hi

After cancelling sky i had a text asking if i changed my mind

So thinking i might get a better deal i went on chat and was offered a deal for £47 with original bundle fibre max and line rental and £25 credit so i agreed

Because my bill wasnt updated i rang them again to be told they couldnt honour the deal and it would be £59 a month

I spent 2 nights for 2 hours a time to get fobbed off

I saved the full chat for proof but is there any way i can get sky to agree to the original deal

Any suggestions or help would be great

Thanks

Comments

• Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 October 2017 at 10:54PM
    Options
    After I cancelled, they emailed, texted twice "..have you changed your mind, better deal, blah blah.." I deleted all 3, without responding.

Then I was contacted on my phone by a very well-spoken guy who was obviously some kind of senior mouthpiece. Tried everything he knew, I would not bite. Because I know what they do: reel you in, get you on a new contract at a 'better' price, then go back on their words, or after a month or two, up goes the cost in one way or another.

You can try to use the text message and the Chatline transcript, but I would not hold out much hope. Trying to get Sky to stand by their word, is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I hate Sky

and yet now you post this?
    Robisere wrote: »
    Trying to get Sky to stand by their word, is like trying to nail jelly to a wall.
    You appear to have a very low opinion of Sky, whatever protestations you make otherwise.

I think for you, your month-long notice period can't end soon enough.

I hope you have a better experience with your new internet provider and your Humax decoder box.. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Andy_King wrote: »
    I saved the full chat for proof but is there any way i can get sky to agree to the original deal
    If you agreed to the deal at the time it was originally offered then Sky should certainly honour it. Send the Chat log to Sky's complaints department and demand that they provide the deal they offered. Be sure of what was said and offered.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Andy_King wrote: »
    Hi

After cancelling sky i had a text asking if i changed my mind

So thinking i might get a better deal i went on chat and was offered a deal for £47 with original bundle fibre max and line rental and £25 credit so i agreed

Because my bill wasnt updated i rang them again to be told they couldnt honour the deal and it would be £59 a month

I spent 2 nights for 2 hours a time to get fobbed off

Any suggestions or help would be great

Thanks
    They would have offered you the opportunity to walk away from the contract since they can't hold up their end, just do it and find someone else. Make sure you let them know why, preferably in a written letter.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure