Ebay down detector

Options
Very quiet day again today and when I checked the down detector, the whole of the U.K is under a massive red dot

I don't know what it's based on, or even if it's accurate, but every day the uk is either covered in orange or red

People are now saying that they are contacting Watchdog to complain.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'd been having some fairly good days, but after a late sale yesterday at about 10.30pm I had absolutely no more until about an hour ago. A full shop, lots of MVLs and one sale all day!

Also I've been trying to list and the pages couldn't run any slower without actually stopping.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • KitKatMum2
    KitKatMum2 Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    I've been trying to buy a couple of things today, I was browsing and persistently getting 'the page you are looking for does not exist' - especially when clicking to check a seller's feedback or other items for sale. Gave up and went to Amazon I'm afraid :(
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,790 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Down Dector monitors Facebook and Twitter to see who is complaining about what. It also takes reports direct. It is usually quick to pick up on problems but slow to pick up on when things are sorted
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just checked, and again the whole of the U.K. Is covered by a big orange dot

Don't know what's going on, but eBay seem to be having serious problems. Numerous glitches and a useless search engine, I fear it's going to completely collapse

Bet if I phone CS I'll be told I'm the only one having problems, and to clear my cookies.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Don't know what's going on, but eBay seem to be having serious problems. Numerous glitches and a useless search engine, I fear it's going to completely collapse

Bet if I phone CS I'll be told I'm the only one having problems, and to clear my cookies.

I made one more sale yesterday evening but to the US and within 20 minutes of me listing the item, so perhaps the US can see us but not other UK buyers?

As I ship next day I have to trudge all the way to the PO just for 2 measly packages today.

I did have one result yesterday though, but on Facebook where traditionally I do poorly. I actually had someone pay by bank transfer for an item which I posted yesterday, and then, and this was a shock, someone actually turned up to collect something exactly at the time stated. It is unheard of for someone to actually turn up and not have car issues, child issues or just completely ignore me! So 2 Facebook sales yesterday, no fees no real hassle and 2 ebay sales for which I pay a shop subscription, PayPal and ebay fees.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • This_Year
    This_Year Posts: 1,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options

That explains another extremely quiet night where my Amazon sales have far outstripped eBay sales. :(
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    Down Dector monitors Facebook and Twitter to see who is complaining about what. It also takes reports direct. It is usually quick to pick up on problems but slow to pick up on when things are sorted

I checked both Facebook and Twitter and there isn't a negative comment in sight. Are they being removed ?
  • Terrysdelight
    Terrysdelight Posts: 1,202 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, what is this Ebay Down Detector stuff? I've never heard of it.

Currently I'm clearing through 20 years of hording!! Moving house. I've listed 40 items and I'm really surprised at how low the lack of 'views' are. So far - I'm into the 5th day of listing - 7 day auction and only 4 items will definitely sell. The prices are really low too.
  • Ting-Tang
    Ting-Tang Posts: 129 Forumite
    Options
    Ebay is running absolutely awfully at the moment in every way and nobody's even looking at my stuff never mind buying it.

Never mind, if our sales are suffering due to their rubbish system maybe they'll refund some of our fees....Whoops! Just slipped into a dreamworld there!
  • charlies_mum
    Options
    Ting-Tang wrote: »

Never mind, if our sales are suffering due to their rubbish system maybe they'll refund some of our fees....Whoops! Just slipped into a dreamworld there!

You would hope so, but eBay as usual has buried it's head in the sand and think it's actually a good time to INCREASE their prices :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport