Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fantastic - have you found a miracle cure? My FiL was a martyr to his gout and never found anything that really helped, at least not quickly.

:D Very strong & make you very drowsy prescription drugs & 24 hour sleeping

phew :D
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 March 2018 at 3:00PM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Such good information savvy:T:T:T

Yes the Savvy Industries price collection service has been in full swing so far this week. Just needs to get up-to-date with what was found yesterday. The APG is probably still on the current Monday information though, which is fully on the list (insofar as they match what is on there). Shame the Villa Maria is picking up £7 from what must be Monday - too many of their stores that had not changed their SELs by the time the collectors visited maybe early in the day. I sometimes have that issue with my own main first store - I used to leave starting until the afternoon to give my store chance to change its SELs on the day (although many are probably already showing new prices at the start of the day) - for technical reasons I usually have to start in the morning nowadays and they are still changing SELs whilst I am going around. They usually aren't putting low enough prices on for me - I must be seeing some incorrect information early on and try to have a look back at an aisle after staff changing SELs have been there or just hope that the changes/differences get picked up in the other stores later in the day.

The Villa Maria had been changed in my starting store early on Monday and was the very first section of the store I went to. Too many of the price collection stores seem not to have been as quick though - hopefully they have acted on the price change within two days and have not missed it and then leaving it unchanged for months - I have one set of items still showing an offer in one of my stores that I think expired in January that I ignore every time until somewhere else indicates a price change - and I have had stores before that have never shown an offer whilst it was on - I even had one that once had changed to the offer price on the day the offer had now finished and then to full price within a few days after - it showed full price during the entire offer period and only finally caught up showing an offer when the product was back at full price, just going round chasing after themselves. Hopefully at least half of the collection stores have changed by yesterday to see the Villa Maria getting £6 from the Wednesday information.

The crisps and snacks prices need not confuse you - just don't bother with m.com (and therefore msm) and the comprehensive (I hope!) list of items that should work is on the M list. You can't go wrong if you stick to that can you?:rotfl: Obviously you are only allowed one set of 3 for £3 in any one shop so certainly can't buy two of everything, together with half as many purchases of the trigger, all in one shop. (I would have thought that went as read and is common knowledge on this thread about these things, so it's not specified on the list but is obvious.)
  • Jeremiah_T_Stone
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Whooaa there missus, careful, JTS will be sniffing them if your not careful :eek:
    ( D your smell of wine too? )

Depends on who’s been treading the grapes :rotfl:
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    14 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons

6x Torres Vina Sol White Wine (75cl) £38.88 £30.00

Today at 11.43

SnS
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Womble from today.

12 items (10 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Covonia Catarrh Relief Formula (150ml) £5.99 £5.96
    0.8x ASDA Butcher's Selection Large Rolled Beef Brisket (Typically 1.1kg) (per kg) £7.99 £6.40
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Baby Button Mushrooms (200g) £0.75 N/A
    1x ASDA Roast Chicken Legs (325g) £3.00 N/A
    1x Heinz Beanz in Tomato Sauce (3x200g) £1.69 £1.68
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Conference Pears (4pk) £1.35 £1.50
    1x McCoy's Mighty Meaty Ridge Cut Potato Crisps Variety Pack (6x27g) £1.45 £1.50
    2x ASDA Thick Pork Loin Slices (150g) £3.00 N/A
    3x ASDA Longlife Skimmed Milk (500ml) £1.62 £1.62
    1x ASDA Italian Beef Lasagne (800g) £3.40 £3.68
    1x Silver Spoon Half Spoon Granulated Sugar (500g) £1.29 £1.00
    1x ASDA Ribbon Salad (115g) £1.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Extra Special Aberdeen Angus Sirloin Steak 30 Day Matured (227g) £5.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Beef in Black Bean Sauce (400g) £3.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Garlic Infused Olive Oil (250ml) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Thick Peppered Topside Beef Slices (100g) £1.79 N/A
    1x ASDA Extra Special Dry Cured Unsmoked Gammon Steak (200g) £2.50 N/A
    1x Tetley's Original Bitter (12x440) £8.00 N/A
    1x ASDA 6 Medium Free Range Eggs (6pk) £0.89 £0.91
    1x McCain Straight Cut Quick Chips (4x100g) £1.00 £1.90
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Baby Plum Tomatoes (325g) £1.20. N/A
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Got my washing in at lunchtime, all dry and wonderfully fresh :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,947 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Just reporting bubbs beef in asda £4.97kg:j:j
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bargainqueen8
    bargainqueen8 Posts: 1,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I know Rhos and what I hadn't realised was Ellie14 had gone home each time between each shop to make sure she had done it right. They are such good friends I am so pleased we all got to meet at the charity breakfast I cannot believe I have only known them for two years and then there's also my wonderful fair friend we are not allowed to mention. Our next meet is at my house and there shall be fizz flowing that day I promise. Bq you can only have fizz if you promise to take Bobby with you when you leave :rotfl:

i have just had a quick count and i have approx 26 bottles of assorted fizz so bobby will have lots of cuddles but will be staying with you.:D:rotfl:
  • hippychicky
    hippychicky Posts: 1,268 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Prosecco still working from my shop 13.02 today.
    Happy International Women's Day to all our Elite ladies x
  • juju17
    juju17 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    juju17 wrote: »
    Thanks curl girl....I will check this afternoon, and if it is in the 3 for 2, I will test it and report back. Yes I know I will lose a bit, as the prices are slightly different, but I know a few people who prefer a rose, so worth a short. Thanks

The rose is NOT in the 3 for 2...did get it checked just in case the signage was just missing...so got 6 white.
    Keep Moving 2018 challenge.
    January....
    Week 1-4 total 159.44 miles
    Week 5.... 41.66 miles
    Not moving anywhere! House renovations taken over life!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure