When do TSB current account rewards end?

Options
I switched to a TSB current account in November 2017, at the time the deal was that the 3% interest and the x2 £5 cashback incentive earned each month would be paid 'until June 2018'.

Now... I usually receive the cashback into my account on the 14th of the following month after which it was earned. Does this mean I need to stay until 14th July? I'm not sure if 'until June' means 'up to and including June'?

If there won't be any cashback earned during the month of June I can hop over to Barclays for their new current account switch deal :j

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    Options
    The cashback will be earned on June's transactions, so your account will need to be open until July. Don't forget, however, that the in-credit interest continues to be paid after this as it is a permanent account feature, and the rate has just increased to 5%.

Why not open a second account and move two direct debits to it, then switch that to Barclays? That way you will get the Barclays offer and still have 5% interest on £1,500 with TSB.
  • Gspree
    Gspree Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    The cashback will be earned on June's transactions, so your account will need to be open until July. Don't forget, however, that the in-credit interest continues to be paid after this as it is a permanent account feature, and the rate has just increased to 5%.

Why not open a second account and move two direct debits to it, then switch that to Barclays? That way you will get the Barclays offer and still have 5% interest on £1,500 with TSB.

Thank you! Ahh I didn't realise the interest was a permanent feature once the cashback ends! I do have an idle Natwest account following their incentive a couple of months back so might look to move that instead.

Isn't the 5% interest boost on the TSB account only temporary or until further notice?

:beer:
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gspree wrote: »
    Isn't the 5% interest boost on the TSB account only temporary or until further notice?
    The latter, they said that it wouldn't be taken away after a year, although that phrasing is unfortunately ambiguous!
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for letting me know. They never told me it was a temporary £5 incentive. Will be moving to another account in July but maintaining £1500 for the 5%
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• ValiantSon
    Options
    Gspree wrote: »
    Thank you! Ahh I didn't realise the interest was a permanent feature once the cashback ends! I do have an idle Natwest account following their incentive a couple of months back so might look to move that instead.

:beer:

All interest rates are, "until further notice". In this particular instance the CEO has said that the rate will not be dropped after a year. While that doesn't guarantee it forever, it does mean that at the absolute minimum it should last at least for 13 months, and my suspicion is it will actually be a bit longer than that.
  • ValiantSon
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me know. They never told me it was a temporary £5 incentive. Will be moving to another account in July but maintaining £1500 for the 5%

They did. The terms were clearly advertised on their site as part of the headline features, just as they currently are (with a cashback incentive that lasts until December): https://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure