Has anyone bought a Premier Inn (Hypnos) bed?

Options
pinkteapot
pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
edited 17 March 2015 at 12:33PM in I wanna buy it or do it
We're thinking of doing the Premier Inn buy a bed thing:

http://www.premierinn.com/en/why/Buy_our_bed.html

because:
  1. Prices are decent for Hypnos beds - I've found bottom-of-the-range Hypnos beds at almost comparable prices from shops, but they are thinner mattresses
  2. We can go and stay a night at our local Premier Inn and try the mattress properly (as opposed to a ten minute test in a bed shop) (and I mean test sleeping a whole night in it, before anyone comments :p)
I've contacted them and they've confirmed that the mattress you get is the same as that supplied to Premier Inn (I asked whether they were making a domestic version for the ones they're selling that might feel different).

However, I've googled and I can't find people who have bought them to hear comments! I've found one person on another forum site who ordered in January, waiting to hear if they have any feedback. In particular, it would be good if anyone has had one for a while now and can comment on how it's lasting.

I know people who have had Hypnos beds for ten years and the mattresses are only just starting to dip. We're thinking of going for Hypnos because we're sick of mattresses that sag after 2-3 years (and we're not heavy people). However, I wonder about the longevity of their contract mattresses. Hypnos have confirmed that the Premier Inn model you buy isn't one of their retail range that you'll find in the shops. I would assume hotel mattresses are designed to take some wear, but I don't know how often hotels change their mattresses.

Comments

• HelenDaveKids
    HelenDaveKids Posts: 3,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not the same, but I've just bought the travelodge mattress. Did do a mattress search locally as well but decided to stay with that one as was so lovely. Felt customer service dodgy (phone calls and no email at all) but arrived as promised and 1 week in, still loving.
    Morgage till Nov 30 GOAL MFW Sept 2016
    Aug 11 - £100k Aug 2016.... It's GONE!!!!!
    2014 GOAL HIT 5 Stone! 2016 GOAL to be a MF marathon runner.
    "A goal without a plan is just a wish"
  • Pun
    Pun Posts: 740 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    This was asked a while back - worth looking at that thread: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5036814&highlight=premier+inn+bed
  • pinkteapot
    Options
    Thanks. I'd seen that thread but no-one replied who has bought one.

If we get one I'll post an update so that people googling in the future will find my comments. :)
  • redmalc
    redmalc Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Try going to the factory in Long Eaton Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire not sure which one its smack on the border,I have been told they have sales and are discounted heavily
  • chrestomanci
    chrestomanci Posts: 184 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2015 at 12:27PM
    Options
    pinkteapot wrote: »
    Thanks. I'd seen that thread but no-one replied who has bought one.

If we get one I'll post an update so that people googling in the future will find my comments. :)

I'm thinking of buying one today or tomorrow. Did you ever buy yours?

We're looking for an idea of what quality the bed was, and whether it really did take 4 weeks to be delivered (are they custom made on order? I expected them to have a warehouse of them ready to send off!).

[For future Googlers, I'm thinking of buying a superking mattress + 2-drawer divan. Will try and update this thread with my thoughts as we proceed through this endeavour.]
  • pinkteapot
    edited 13 May 2015 at 1:03PM
    Options
    We didn't in the end I'm afraid. We ended up needing one quite quickly (long story!) so didn't want to wait the 5-6 weeks (it's 28 working days, not calendar days!).

Despite the good price, I actually went off the idea of pillow-top because being one-sided will shorten its life a bit (compared to one you can turn and use both sides of). I was also a little wary because Hypnos give a five year guarantee with these, and ten year with all the mattresses they sell in shops. Wondered why! But, for the price they're still good.

We got this Hypnos instead:
    http://www.mattressman.co.uk/mattresses/hypnos/12126-39402/baronet-(medium)-king-size-mattress.aspx

Cost a bit more and probably not quite as nice feeling? But we're happy enough with it.
  • its_a_bargain
    Options
    I looked at buying the Hypnos Premier Inn mattress but there are tonnes of others out there that are just as good or better. I've had a hotel bed for two years and loved it.

Land of beds have premier inn mattress comparison article on their blog that might be worth checking out. I can't post links as I'm new on here but you could Google it pretty quickly.

:money:
  • chrestomanci
    chrestomanci Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks! We phoned the hotline, but they said it takes "6 weeks for delivery", which is longer than we were prepared to wait. We ended up buying a Silentnight one from Dreams... let's hope it lasts!
  • its_a_bargain
    its_a_bargain Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2015 at 7:04AM
    Options
    Let us know how you get on with the new mattress and Dreams.

All this hotel talk makes me want a holiday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure