strange response to a SNAD complaint

Options
I've got an interesting situation at the moment and one that quite surprised me.

Company I'm sure I have used before but showing as a newish account with around 800+ 100% positive feedback - I'm sure they had about 18,000 before and were running at about 98%, so possibly a new set up with a similar name.

Anyway bought item X which I've bought in previous years but item Y turned up- similar items but not the same. I checked back against the listing description and photos just to make sure there wasn't something in the listing I missed and I've definitely got the wrong item. There listing mentions several times to contact them immediately if there are any issues- the usual cut and paste about how they want to deal with things before buyer leaves feedback, no need to go through ebay etc , so I thought there would be no issue.

Sent a polite email saying they appear to have sent me Y when I wanted X and could they assist with sorting this out - the thing I found odd was that they replied with 'sorry you got the wrong item, next time you order we will make sure we send you the right item and not make this mistake again'.That was it- so I've had to open an SNAD case and have just uploaded photos showing the difference between what was shown on listing and what I actually received.

For a company with so many mentions of how they want to deal with problems they seem to take an odd attitude to SNAD complaints!
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    Were they Chinese by any chance?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,207 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Were they Chinese by any chance?

On this occasion no, not From the Far East , I've had no response to the SNAD case but it's early days yet.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think they are hoping you were going to nod, say no worries, accept the wrong item and order the right item again. Minds boggle.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    On this occasion no, not From the Far East , I've had no response to the SNAD case but it's early days yet.

Their response sounds very 'far east'.

Perhaps it is a 'far east' based seller with a small warehouse in the UK?

What a daft response though!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know about it being far east.
    Im dealing with similar responses from a UK seller who sent me car mats specific to my car (the listing and they agree they are for my car) that dont fit my car.
    I had responses such as go to a dealer and check. You know,like I dont know what car I have.
    Even after taking pictures of the mats with measurements vs car and a picture of the car just for good measure. no advice.

I have no dispute open but they have offered no resolution. no return,refund,different mats or anything.
    Frustrating when I took the time and paid a premium for OEM that are 3x the price of generic
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure