Comments

• No_6
    No_6 Posts: 835 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 September 2018 at 9:23PM
    Options
    MS money on your PC then, just use your phone for
    what it was built for....ie other things

texting others whilst at a dinner, looking at apps...
    sport ,rude things etc when with people you don't want to be with.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No_6 wrote: »
    MS money on your PC then
    MS Money doesn't do what account aggregation software does because it wasn't built as an account aggregator.
    No_6 wrote: »
    just use your phone for
    what it was built for....ie other things

texting others whilst at a dinner, looking at apps...
    sport ,rude things etc when with people you don't want to be with.
    Thank you for your advice but it's clear that my phone is different to the ones you are familiar with, and I am quite happy that I use mine in a way that suits me.
  • RandomUser923759
    Options
    I like Yolt and Emma. Both have stuff to iron out though IMO
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 September 2018 at 2:14PM
    Options
    I finally got a Moneyhub account now. Took 4 days to get it! I am still experimenting with it but on major shortfall is that it doesn't actually seem to let you log into your bank accounts, like I can do with AccountUnity. That's pants.

EDIT: Managed to add HSBC. Not impressed with just how long it takes to add a new account - - it's way, way, way faster doing that with AccountUnity. Then I tried and failed to add KRBS and Leeds BS, both of which I can log into directly with no issues. Looks I might be wasting my time with Moneyhub but I am waiting for their support to get back to me. Very disappointed.
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 September 2018 at 11:35AM
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    I finally got a Moneyhub account now. Took 4 days to get it! I am still experimenting with it but on major shortfall is that it doesn't actually seem to let you log into your bank accounts, like I can do with AccountUnity. That's pants.

EDIT: Managed to add HSBC. Not impressed with just how long it takes to add a new account - - it's way, way, way faster doing that with AccountUnity. Then I tried and failed to add KRBS and Leeds BS, both of which I can log into directly with no issues. Looks I might be wasting my time with Moneyhub but I am waiting for their support to get back to me. Very disappointed.

I connected accounts with 4 providers to MoneyHub (one of which was HSBC) without any issues during initial setup. Having said that MoneyHub is not my favourite aggregator and I'm not planning on using it long term. I only mentioned it earlier in the thread because it supports an impressive list of providers.

I've been trying Emma, Yolt, and Connected Money for a few months, and Moneyhub for just over a month. Emma has emerged as my favourite and the one I'm most likely to use long-term. The stability of connections have been rock solid (I don't recall ever needing to re-authenticate logins with Emma). In contrast I've had to re-authenticate logins with all other aggregators due to occasional loss of connections following initial setup.

I also like that Emma seems to prioritise clarity of interface over features/complexity - at least at this stage in its development. But this, combined with a relatively small number of supported providers (lowest among all the aggregators I've mentioned) and lack of web/desktop presence would make it unsuitable for some.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    ozaz wrote: »
    I connected accounts with 4 providers to MoneyHub (one of which was HSBC) without any issues during initial setup. Having said that MoneyHub is not my favourite aggregator and I'm not planning on using it long term. I only mentioned it earlier in the thread because it supports an impressive list of providers.

I've been trying Emma, Yolt, and Connected Money for a few months, and Moneyhub for just over a month. Emma has emerged as my favourite and the one I'm most likely to use long-term. The stability of connections have been rock solid (I don't recall ever needing to re-authenticate logins with Emma). In contrast I've had to re-authenticate logins with all other aggregators due to occasional loss of connections following initial setup.

I also like that Emma seems to prioritise clarity of interface over features/complexity - at least at this stage in its development. But this, combined with a relatively small number of supported providers (lowest among all the aggregators I've mentioned) and lack of web/desktop presence would make it unsuitable for some.

With a financially scatty (although wonderful in other ways) stepdaughter with the same name I am not sure that I could trust a financial product called Emma :D
  • Lomcevak
    Lomcevak Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 15 September 2018 at 6:11PM
    Options
    ozaz wrote: »
    I've been trying Emma, Yolt, and Connected Money for a few months, and Moneyhub for just over a month. Emma has emerged as my favourite and the one I'm most likely to use long-term.

Prompted by this, I've just downloaded Emma (which sounds weird, there must have been a better name :) ) and i'm quite impressed with it.

As you say, the list of supported providers is small, but it covers everything I use on a day-to-day basis, and it was very easy to get my current accounts connected. Transaction matching seems pretty good. The only issue for me is that it won't connect to my Amex account as it declares my (correct) password is incorrectly formatted, that seems to be a bug. (edit: kudos to their support, quick response on a saturday afternoon, and figured out a work-around which got it connected)

I'm a die-hard YNAB user (classic) so not sure that i'll use the budgeting features much - they look ok though, and I imagine they will be good enough for many users.

Only other wish is that it wasn't just on the phone - even iPad support would be enough for me, but it's pretty cramped on my iPhone 7 plus. Maybe it's my age :( but I prefer a larger screen.
    £40k-in-’23#18 £78,628.29/40,000 (196.57%)
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 September 2018 at 10:59AM
    Options
    Lomcevak wrote: »
    Prompted by this, I've just downloaded Emma (which sounds weird, there must have been a better name :) ) and i'm quite impressed with it.

As you say, the list of supported providers is small, but it covers everything I use on a day-to-day basis, and it was very easy to get my current accounts connected. Transaction matching seems pretty good. The only issue for me is that it won't connect to my Amex account as it declares my (correct) password is incorrectly formatted, that seems to be a bug. (edit: kudos to their support, quick response on a saturday afternoon, and figured out a work-around which got it connected)

I'm a die-hard YNAB user (classic) so not sure that i'll use the budgeting features much - they look ok though, and I imagine they will be good enough for many users.

Only other wish is that it wasn't just on the phone - even iPad support would be enough for me, but it's pretty cramped on my iPhone 7 plus. Maybe it's my age :( but I prefer a larger screen.

I read the name ended up as Emma because that happens to be an acronym of the initials of the founders.

I've used support on a number of occasions for questions and suggestions, and I always receive a very quick response. Perhaps because there's a relatively small user base at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure