Account aggregation software

Options
I have been using Accountunity for some years now to monitor most of my accounts, but it only works with Internet Explorer and I increasingly find it doesn't cover most of the building societies.

Can anyone recommend software that can do this for me (happy to pay a reasonable amount!)?

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Same here. To the best of my knowledge, they still provide the widest range of supported companies though it's increasingly becoming a bit of a pain as newer companies aren't supported. There's also no app support so some of the more recent outfits aren't covered at all.

Have you asked them to add some others? They did add Newcastle BS after I asked a couple of years ago though I haven't had much success to get others added. I suppose if there isn't much demand, they can't justify the additions.

The additional ones I'd like to see are
    KRBS
    Monmouthshire BS
    Ford Money
    Bank of Cyprus (UK) / Cynergy

Which ones are you after?
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 9 September 2018 at 1:19PM
    Options
    The account aggregators I've tried are Yolt, Emma, HSBC Connected Money, and MoneyHub.

Don't know if these offer the features you need. All I need is the ability to check balances and monitor daily transactions - they all provide this. Anyway, of these, the one with the largest range of supported providers (by quite a distance) is MoneyHub. It's probably the only one of the ones I mentioned that supports a wide range of Building Societies.
  • colsten
    edited 9 September 2018 at 1:59PM
    Options
    ozaz, do you by chance have a list of the companies supported by Moneyhub? I looked on their site, couldn't find it, and they only let me join their waitlist, not sign up!

PS. I have tried Emma and Yolt too - don't get anywhere near accountunity. Not keen on anything HSBC...
  • ozaz
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    ozaz, do you by chance have a list of the companies supported by Moneyhub? I looked on their site, couldn't find it, and they only let me join their waitlist, not sign up!

I can't see an obvious way to access a text-based list, but here's a screen recording that will show you the current list of providers they support: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFQQIFq543
  • bignairy
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I am really looking for a PC login rather than an App for my phone. I guess I'll just stick with Accountunity for now.
  • ozaz
    Options
    bignairy wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses. I am really looking for a PC login rather than an App for my phone. I guess I'll just stick with Accountunity for now.

MoneyHub is available via either web or app.
    The others I mentioned are app-only
  • colsten
    Options
    ozaz wrote: »
    I can't see an obvious way to access a text-based list, but here's a screen recording that will show you the current list of providers they support: http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFQQIFq543
    Thanks for that list. I see they have KRBS and Monmouthsire, which would be great for me to have, alongside all the usual ones. Now if they'd let me sign up, I might even use them. A tenner a year seems affordable, although I'd really want both, PC and App, for that price......
  • ozaz
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Thanks for that list. I see they have KRBS and Monmouthsire, which would be great for me to have, alongside all the usual ones. Now if they'd let me sign up, I might even use them. A tenner a year seems affordable, although I'd really want both, PC and App, for that price......

When you say PC, do you mean you want a dedicated desktop program?

They don't have a decidated desktop program but they do provide access through their website, which can be accessed via any desktop web browser. The £10/year provides access to this as well as their mobile apps.

If I recall correctly the MoneyHub waiting list is only a few days. I think I signed up over the weekend and got access by Monday. That was a few weeks ago.
  • colsten
    edited 9 September 2018 at 11:04PM
    Options
    ozaz wrote: »
    When you say PC, do you mean you want a dedicated desktop program?

They don't have a decidated desktop program but they do provide access through their website, which can be accessed via any desktop web browser. The £10/year provides access to this as well as their mobile apps.
    Just browser access on the PC is all I am after, plus App access for when I am out and about.

Sounds I have misunderstood the cost - I thought you pay £9.99 for the browser access and an additional £14.99 for the App. On re-reading, I now think I can have both for £9.99, which sounds promising.

Thanks for helping me understand :cool:
  • ozaz
    Options
    Yes £9.99 will give access to both for one year. Or £1/month if you prefer monthly payment. That’s if you pay MoneyHub directly.

The £14.99 is if you purchase via the App Store. It would also give access to both.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure