Changing ownership via the land registry

Options
Has anyone done this?

I was left the flat in my mums will and thought i'd have a quick look through the documents.

I found probate and tax forms easy.....these look really hard. it's like, not even English!

What did others do? Use solicitors or plough through it?

Comments

• BobQ
    BobQ Posts: 11,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Daniel987 wrote: »
    Has anyone done this?

I was left the flat in my mums will and thought i'd have a quick look through the documents.

I found probate and tax forms easy.....these look really hard. it's like, not even English!

What did others do? Use solicitors or plough through it?

Did you download the Urdu version?:)

Seriously I found the land registry form quite reasonable. What is the problem?
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,780 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Here's some information on our website that you might find helpful: http://www.landregistry.gov.uk/public/faqs/what-do-i-do-when-a-property-owner-dies
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure