How would you rate your home phone/broadband provider(s)?

Options
2»

Comments

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,163 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have Sky Unlimited BB + phone. The phone is OK, but I had issues with Sky's BB losing connection for several hours and TBH the speed was unremarkable. I decided that 3 outages in the space of a month was my limit, so when it happened a fourth time that was it.

I've now got Virgin 60 Mb and phone (I didn't need the phone, but the deal seemed OK to have as a standby).

I've still got Sky going at the moment, but my plan is to downgrade it to to the free BB in due course.

In the meanwhile I have two different broadbands into the house, so I think I've got the angles covered...
  • kevanf1
    kevanf1 Posts: 299 Forumite
    Options
    I've been with O2 for a few years now (ISP) and cannot rate them highly enough. I have had very few problems and when they have occurred O2 have rectified them amazingly quickly. This is in massive contrast to Plus Net who I had as my ISP before. The service with Plus Net was dreadful. I was forever getting no service, bad degradation of the line (drop outs) and trying to actually speak to somebody was like trying to herd cats; round and round in circles all the time. They weren't too bad to start with but it all changed when they (Plus Net) were taken over by BT. How odd that we had the same problems when we had BT as our ISP a few years ago...

Yet BT are great as a home phone provider....

Oh, the next bit about my sig file? Come on team. I changed it to comply perfectly with your guidelines and it was fine for months. So why is it suddenly not allowed again?
    Kevan - a disabled old so and so who, despite being in pain 24/7 still manages to smile as much as possible :)
  • Gra76
    Gra76 Posts: 804 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 June 2012 at 5:33PM
    Options
    We're with Karoo for our internet and I'd say overall I'm happy. The service is very rarely out and we get decent speeds.

We don't even use the phoneline but we're with KC Talk for that so we just pay the line rental (plus the once-in-a-blue-moon call that isn't made from one of our mobile phones).

I'm surprised to see the good to poor ratio for KC is almost exactly 1:1...
  • pinkpanther22
    Options
    I'm stuck with Plusnet (ie BT as they own them) because of where I live and the limited choice. They are HORRENDOUS and I've no idea how they've managed to win awards. I think we lose internet connection for 5 - 6 hours at a time at least once a month. I should point out I live in an urban area within throwing distance of the new BBC media city. The thing that annoys me the most is that they never ever apologise for their failures, but if I failed to pay the bill they'd cut me off immediately. Their adverts make me want to throw sharp objects at the TV.
  • rozeepozee
    rozeepozee Posts: 1,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In the last nine months we've had to move 3 times. Each time, BT has messed up the installation either turning up late (9pm for a 1pm to 6pm slot) or not at all. Yet each time it's charged £130 to send out its engineer to complete the installation.
  • Amontylado
    Amontylado Posts: 65 Forumite
    Options
    How do I find the results of this poll? Am I missing something obvious??
  • Former_MSE_Becca
    Options
    Amontylado wrote: »
    How do I find the results of this poll? Am I missing something obvious??

The results are here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/poll/11-06-2012/how-do-you-rate-your-telecoms-provider-june2012

Many thanks,
    MSE Becca
  • Court_Norton
    Options
    As a customer of The Utility Warehouse also i think that it is disgraceful that they can have that comment about the Votes. As companies pay to be listed on these types of sites and the UW don't that is why they are always being bad mouthed and have coments such as that. Not acceptable on a unbiased site as this ..... hhhhmmmmm i am wondering about that statement
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure