We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

RSPB bird watch 2019

Options

Comments

• Scatteynan
    Options
    We get lots of birds in our garden.When it comes to the bird count i'm sure they know and hide. We have done it for about three years and enjoy it.
  • Petchins
    Options
    I'm doing it this weekend. Doesn't cost anything, unless you put food out, and the data gathered is useful.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,059 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Did my count today - happily the nuthatches made an appearance as did the GS woodpecker. They don't come in too often (that I see).

Hordes of starlings, tons of chaffinches, some gold finches and various tits.
  • Linda32
    Linda32 Posts: 4,385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OH feeds the birds every day of the year with all sorts of seeds and meal worms. We have birds visit most days.

None come on Great Garden Bird watch weekend. :D
  • gamston
    gamston Posts: 689 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    last year we had thick snow on the ground and had lots of birds feeding, this year no snow but strong winds so nowhere near as many or different types of birds this year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure