Cashplus nightmare.

Options
Hi. I have a credit card with Cashplus. I have been unable to log in to my account for over a month. I have tried on a laptop and on their app, which I was forced to download. As I cannot access my account, I cannot make payments. If I cannot make payments, then the interest on my account will continue to rise. I have tried phoning Cashplus without success, waiting up to 15 minutes on a pre recorded line. I have complained to the company and to the financial ombudsman. Is there anything else I can do? I want to make payments but it is proving to be impossible. Even the automated payment line is not being answered. Can this be legal? Help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Willing2Learn
    Willing2Learn Posts: 6,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 30 September 2019 at 10:04AM
    Options
    Hi Bessyton1 and welcome to the forum :)

Have you tried to make a Faster Payment to Cashplus via your current account online portal?

Edit: Just reading on their website that "As of 4th September 2019, the way you log in to Online Servicing has changed. For new login support, please read our security changes FAQs"

Security changes FAQs
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • MEM62
    MEM62 Posts: 4,754 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bessyton1 wrote: »
    Can this be legal?

Neither being inefficient or having technical issues is unlawful as far as I am aware.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    so , only phone users can access there account , if you have a PC it costs you

"To access Online Servicing without the app, you can call us to purchase a Code Key for £8.00 that will give you a one-time verification code so you can log in to Online Servicing that way."
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Options
    so , only phone users can access there account , if you have a PC it costs you

"To access Online Servicing without the app, you can call us to purchase a Code Key for £8.00 that will give you a one-time verification code so you can log in to Online Servicing that way."

How can this possibly be justified? This SHOULD be illegal.
  • Methtical
    Options
    Just take a look through their twitter and facebook pages, they are doing this across the board and ruining peoples lives.

I myself have been fed the same horsecrap "technical difficulties" claiming they can't even access the accounts on their end. They have stolen £5k from me and I'm small fry compared to some of the amounts they are witholding from account holders.

It looks to me like they are in severe financial difficulties and are doing an "exit scam", as they have been at this for months so cannot be put down to technical difficulties. By all accounts they have been ignoring rulings from the financial ombudsman as well. The only success I have seen is where people have taken them to court, at which point they have offered no explanation for their actions and simply paid people the money they owed.

I'll be surprised if they are still in operation by the years end, but the take home message would be to avoid them at all costs as its nothing but a scam operation now.
  • The_Urbanite
    Options
    Oh dear! Sounds like one to avoid.
  • JP2019
    JP2019 Posts: 79 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Considering they are soon to be a fully fledged bank. I can’t see them disappearing any time soon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure