Virgin Money current account

Options
Does anyone here have the Virgin Money current account? If so, how are you finding it and what do YOU use it for? I’m aware that it is quite limiting in terms of online banking and that you have to go in store to do a lot of things, so wondered how others here use it effectively.

Comments

• nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You can always switch away if you find it limiting
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I use it as a backup card for travel, no fees on non-sterling purchases, there's a bit of interest (0.75%?) on the funds sitting there. Unusable for anything else, but the situation may change with the CYBG purchase/merger (?).
    Evolution, not revolution
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sweetcake wrote: »
    Does anyone here have the Virgin Money current account? If so, how are you finding it and what do YOU use it for? I’m aware that it is quite limiting in terms of online banking and that you have to go in store to do a lot of things, so wondered how others here use it effectively.

I’m sure the Virgin Money account will get a total revamp once the Yorkshire Bank deals completed.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,924 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I use mine as a back up to my main (non-virgin) current account. I can transfer ìn from my accounts, pay in / withdraw at the PO and use cashpoints.

Its limitations were explained when I opened the account as it didnt bother me.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    I use it as a backup card for travel, no fees on non-sterling purchases, there's a bit of interest (0.75%?) on the funds sitting there. Unusable for anything else, but the situation may change with the CYBG purchase/merger (?).

Ooooh, good to know, thank you. Do you also use Starling - they also have no fees abroad, but yes this is a good idea - using it as a back up. So if you don't use the back up funds in your VM current account, do you just save it for the next time hehe, or what do you do if not used? :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure