Insurance claim ....car

Options
So 18 months ago I was hit from behind whilst stationary ,the 3rd party admitted fault ,I ended up with 3rd degree whiplash injury and vertigo from the accident ,after numerous medical appointments and physio sessions I'm finally on the mend ...my solicitors who I had legal cover through my car insurance with have come back with a figure from the 3rd party ,the 1st figure I've rejected task they left out my out of pocket expenses ,they've now included this so am happy with the amount ....I've signed and agreed to the offer made ..my question is Will I get all of the amount that has been offered ? As there is no mention anywhere of any deductions at all ? Many thanks xx

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    When you instructed them they will have set out their charges if any are due

Normally if you have legal cover with your policy and used that you keep it all
  • campbell19925
    Options
    The amount offered will be with the solicitors fees taken off. At least, that was the case with me when I had my claim paid out back in 2016.
  • Sianlines
    Options
    In a non related incident... is it better to let your instructed solicitors deal with your claim or go directly with the 3rs party insurers? Both sides have contacted me and I'm unsure what to do...
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Does the claim involve injury compensation,?

If so use your solicitor! (Unless you really know what you are doing)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure