Lloyds messing around

Options
Hi,

I'm just after some general advice.

I've started a PPI reclaim process with Lloyds. This is the 2nd time doing this as a few years ago they just denied I had any loans with them (I've had two).

This time they've admitted I did have the loans, and have sent me a large form to complete. The form is ridiculous and asks all sort of information I have no hope of answering. Things like "What was the name of the person who sold you the PPI" when it was in 2002, wanting to know how much my savings were at the time, credit cards, exact details of my employment and hours worked etc etc.

I can't see how a lot of the information they're asking for could be relevant, and the form feels very much like it's designed to put me off rather than gather useful information. Also it was 16 years ago and I have no hope of remembering a lot of these things.

Are they just yanking my chain with this form? Surely they should be able to just see if I had it or not? Is this normal for Lloyds PPI process?

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are making an allegation of wrongdoing, you need to support your complaint with evidence. They understand memory is not perfect but it's a bog standard form, not tailored per person.

What were your complaint reasons?

If you said, for example, you had savings and great work benefits and so didn't need PPI, you would logically expect to prove this, they don't just take your word for it.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So assuming you did pay PPI I assume you want to claim it was mis-sold? If so then these questions need to be answered. If you don't know the answer then just say 'don't know'.

I would have thought the fact they have sent the form indicates you did have PPI.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Are they just yanking my chain with this form?

They don't have the resource or inclination to yank any part of you. It's a standardised process, not a personalised yanking service.

If there's bits you don't know, put that you don't know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure