Student loans and pensions

Options

Comments

• carol1963_2
    carol1963_2 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon All, QQ have dismissed my claim against them and P2P, should I go to the FOS and do I have to tell QQ? Thanks, Carol
    LBM 10/9/13 £40,571 (SCARY). NOW DECEMBER 2016 £31,805.
    PROUD AND STILL SCARED BUT PLODDING.

SPC 551
  • CopleyDog
    CopleyDog Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all, after some advice....

With lenders such as SafetyNet Credit, presumably each time you draw down on the available credit should be treated as a separate loan? i.e. should they run a credit check after each request?

I borrowed £6971 from SNC in total over a period of 9 months in 2017. But this was usually me drawing down the maximum available, repaying it on payday and then instantly borrowing the max again. This pattern should have flagged something to them, no?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CopleyDog wrote: »
    With lenders such as SafetyNet Credit, presumably each time you draw down on the available credit should be treated as a separate loan? i.e. should they run a credit check after each request?

Not necessarily. After all, a credit card wouldn't recheck you.
  • baggybreeches
    Options
    CopleyDog wrote: »
    Hello all, after some advice....

I borrowed £6971 from SNC in total over a period of 9 months in 2017. But this was usually me drawing down the maximum available, repaying it on payday and then instantly borrowing the max again. This pattern should have flagged something to them, no?

The repeated borrowing is the key factor, I think they only credit check periodically once you are a customer. If it helps they were pretty swift dealing with my complaint.
  • CopleyDog
    Options
    The repeated borrowing is the key factor, I think they only credit check periodically once you are a customer. If it helps they were pretty swift dealing with my complaint.

Thanks - was your complaint successful? I repeatedly drew-down on the maximum available to me and when they upped the limit I drew-down on that instantly too.
  • CopleyDog
    Options
    Can anyone help.... I complained to Wonga and MyJar back in mid-2017 and they both responded denying any wrongdoing. I didn't escalate to the Financial Ombudsman within 6 months from those final response letters, mainly due to my mental state at the time (I suffer with severe anxiety for which I am on medication). Will the Ombudsman still consider my complaints even though the 6 months has passed? I read somewhere that it can do this in 'exceptional circumstances' but it wasn't clear what that meant. Thanks all.
  • daisy_jean
    daisy_jean Posts: 311 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Have had a few affordability claims in - Pounds to Pocket, My Jar, Mr Lender all rejected.

However today - SafetyNet Credit sent me their verdict on my affordability complaint - UPHELD! Woohooo!

Basically they accepted that I shouldn't have been lend what I was, and they are refunding all interest and charges - £ 766
    Because of this, it leaves a final balance of £114 to be paid off via my DMP. But that interest is a month's DMP payment, so as a result my DFD is now a month earlier! Bingo! Thrilled!!
  • CopleyDog
    Options
    That’s great! Out of interest and if you don’t mind sharing, did you use a template for your letter to SNC? Are these complaints from the Ombudsman or the companies themselves?
  • daisy_jean
    daisy_jean Posts: 311 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I used the template from Debt Camel, and just edited it to suit my individual circumstances. I complained direct to SNC - it took 7 weeks and 3 days to get a full and final response.
  • CopleyDog
    Options
    I used that template too, hopefully I!!!8217;ll get a positive result!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback