Options
2»

Comments

• Paul_Barnes_2
    Paul_Barnes_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 15 May 2011 at 11:59PM
    Options
    nbrice wrote: »
    I've just had a sky+ multiroom installation done by this company and they charged me twice what I expected! When I phoned for a quote they told me it would be £65+VAT per room. When the engineer came out later he also told me the cost would be £65+VAT. Once he'd done the work he said because 2 cables were required for it would be 2 x £65+VAT. Stupidly I paid him because I felt under pressure but having had time to reflect I phoned a local company for a quote and was told it would be £75+VAT in total for both cables so I've clearly been massively over charged. I've phoned the company back but they told be that there was nothing I could do and that the engineer had categorically told me it would be £156 total (which he hadn't).

At best, this company is deliberately over charging and at worst they are deliberately miss-selling their service. My advice would be to keep well away!!!

Aerial Force AKA TV AERIAL COMPANY dot co dot uk Amongst other trading names are to be on Rogue traders/Watchdog this Thursday 19th may 8 pm BBC1. :T

There is a law which came into effect 2008 that allows you 7 days in which to cancel a contract agreed to in your home, the company should have informed you of this law and if the work was to go ahead before the 7 days had expired then you should have been asked to sign a form to opt out of this right, if not then the company may be breaking the law.

There may be exceptions but this is how it was explained to me by trading standards I am an aerial/satellite installer.

You can read more here.
    Sorry as a new user i cant submit a link so..

google 7 day cancellation rights its the 1st result.

Or call Surrey trading standards as that is where aerial force are based.

As an aerial/satellite installer i would add that if the work took a couple of hours then £156.00 would be a reasonable price for a pair of cables, if as I suspect under an hour then £120.00 would have been in line with other companies possibly cheaper if a real easy job with no ladders involved.

I always write out a quote before I start the works there is then never any confusion on anyone's part, I am not sure if this is a requirement but I do it anyway as do all the installers at our company.

Even if you decide not to follow this up with trading standards I hope you enjoy the show Thursday, I will.:rotfl:

Aerial force are no longer members of any trade body, when choosing an aerial company please ensure they are registered with the RDI-LB or the CAI both of these would help with any complaint and offer a free arbitration service.

Paul
    Digital Smart.
  • firstaerials
    Options
    Nice 1 Paul Barnes,

You Barnes brothers are truly origional.

It seems that you have seen the light at last, or at least one of you have.
    Are you now a born again Christian and pray to Allah before going to bed every night.

I am truly impressed by your edditorial skills.

i like the way that you barnes brothers open and close companies faster than this recession can get your house repossessed.

I like your new company name also, Digital Smart Ltd, based in Oxted & Lingfield, Surrey, it has a 21st century feel to it, however it is very similar to your old company name Smart Digital which you shut down. Why couldnt you have come up with something more origional like Aerial-Force, i liked that name, it has a similar sound to parcel-force. thats a good 1 to.

Anyway you are both up to your old tricks yet again, remember your old company Aerial Systems and that ancient proverbial saying. A Leopard never changes it spots.

I think i will get in some Ben & Jerrys ice cream for the show, however i hope it is a little more interesting than the last 6 programmes you made.

You should try paying better pay and perhaps you would get a better class of actor appearing on the show.

May be to make the show more interesting in the future , you could both team up and do a DOUBLE ACT, that would be good to watch.

We are all aware that you are both in this scam together but playing it down , everyone knows that you both have link connections between all your trading companies and for whatever reason are playing up a fabricated rift between yourselves.

Anyway, one thing is for sure, both you and your brother have been subject to many investigations by House of Horrors and rogue traders, not to mention Trading Standards.

If only this was an award for who obtained the most TV appearances for ripping off, you and your brother would pick up a grammy.

See Ya on TV, one of your old gang
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    JasonLVC wrote: »
    If you had two feeds into one room, don't they have dual cabling now?

When I upgraded to Sky+HD from an ordinary Sky box, the guy ripped the old (single feed) cable off the wall and replaced it with a single cable that had two feeds inside it, took him about 5 minutes to install, job done.

If you've paid then it's going to be hard to argue for a refund, chalk it down to experience and never use them again and tell everyone you know not to either, like you're doing.

Yes they do,but when I did my Sky HD course I was told the was a maximum run length that you could use the 'Shotgun' cable on due to signal loss/distance.
  • Paul_Barnes_2
    Paul_Barnes_2 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 22 May 2011 at 1:21PM
    Options
    Nice 1 Paul Barnes,

You Barnes brothers are truly origional.

Here we are again, the same ill informed rubbish you spouted on the other forum's regards my connection to Aerialforce and or The television aerial company and John Barnes.

Are you some sort of internet puppet/parrot working for these Rogue traders.

Suggest you do some research before you post further and get shot down in flames once again, your information, reliable sources and information you have recieved in good faith are way off target, just accept this fact.

John Barnes the shadow director or director hiding in the shadows not sure the correct term for what he is doing, any way he does not have a brother nor has he ever had one.

Why not start by checking this one out.

Paul Barnes.
  • nigelbrooks
    nigelbrooks Posts: 21 Forumite
    edited 8 June 2011 at 2:59PM
    Options
    I came across this thread while checking to see if Aerialforce were still trading before I recommended them to a friend.

I used aerialforce in October 2010 to replace my main aerial and recieved a quote of £153 for the antenna, mast, clamps, cabling, testing etc. etc. This was considerably less expensive than all of my local companies, many of whom couldn't be bothered to quote and including the one who said it would be 'about £400' because it meant getting a longer ladder to reach the roof of my 'ordinary' semi :rotfl:.

The Aerialforce guy turned up on time, phoning about 10 minutes before he arrived, completed the work quickly and tidily and did so for the quoted price without trying to 'up-sell' me to anything more than I actually needed (given the state of my old antenna there was no doubt it needed replacing and the mast must have been around 40 years old and was VERY rusty.

Despite the open 'animosity' shown between rival companies in this thread, I have no problem in recommending Aerialforce and, non, I have no connection to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure