Slimming Towards Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Morning all.

Well I don't think I've ever drunk so much since I've been on SW but had a lovely time so I'm not feeling guilty at all.

Despite eating the next fortnight's syns during the weekend, we went for a 10 mile cycle ride and felt really good - even on the hills so am pleased even if the scales went in the wrong direction.

Back with it today - bought the Quaker Oats Pumpkin Spice packets on the weekend which I found in a discount store and have brought them into work for when I haven't prepared breakfast - they were OK but given I used all my hea allowance on that & a cup of coffee, they won't be a regular thing!

Also made an effort to call into Asda on the way to work to buy my lunch for the week.

Will try and go cycling again after walking the dog, and plan on having a stir fry for dinner.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on your loss majorica. All good to see it going in the right direction.:T

So pleased you enjoyed your syns GTQ, especially the cheese and you with the wine GTS. I hate it when syns are wasted.:(

Not sure how today will work out. We're off to a funeral this afternoon so although I'm having lunch first I may be tempted by picky bits later. If not, I'll take Bolognese from the freezer when I get home. Then this evening I might feel the need for wine syns to either celebrate or cry into:footie:. I'm inclined to go dancing and keep out of the way but I've got a filthy cold so may not feel like it. Decisions!!:)

I've had a SW breakfast (HEB porage with HEA milk) and I've got a good lunch planned (ham, tomato, mushrooms, asparagus, fried egg and fried potato) but after that is anyone's guess.

Definitely back on plan properly tomorrow.:)
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the lovely weather!

After a gain of another 1lb this week at group, I am seriously thinking of quitting group and saving my £4.95. I am just not getting anywhere.

What are your thoughts on this? The only thing I would miss being able to get is my hifi bars, but it all just seems a waste of money at the moment.

Do any of you used to go to group and left to follow it at home?
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • esmy
    esmy Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

Hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the lovely weather!

After a gain of another 1lb this week at group, I am seriously thinking of quitting group and saving my £4.95. I am just not getting anywhere.

What are your thoughts on this? The only thing I would miss being able to get is my hifi bars, but it all just seems a waste of money at the moment.

Do any of you used to go to group and left to follow it at home?

Yes I did. I went to group for 3 months at the beginning of last year then followed SW at home. Group was good at the start in that it helped me understand the plan, which I wouldn't have done without it, but I didn't like the whole group bit after weigh in so it seemed pointless paying to get weighed. I carried on losing at the same rate from home, though the last few pounds were a struggle! I know some people get a lot from going to group but I used this thread and various websites to help me. I'm at target now but still weighing weekly and still following the plan with a bit more flexibility which seems to be working for me.

I suppose the thing is if you're not losing when you go to group, what will be different about doing it from home (other than saving a fiver a week!)?
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561 Forumite
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Can I please join in this and put myself down for 7lb ?
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,923 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    100_8628_1.jpg
    Home made burgers and all the bumff:rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options

Hello and welcome :D
    Chris will add you when she see's it:D
    Abbafan i go to group and stay but thats what keeps me on the straight and narrow but if it was like the group i went to temporary in January i wouldn't be staying as it was horrendous:o :eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    It so fascinates me that all the groups are so different!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options

Welcome to our lovely thread :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    It so fascinates me that all the groups are so different!

The one i went too in January was :eek: nearly 2 hrs of going round the room, flo lost 2lb and what do you want to lose next week flo?
    When she asked me that i said i dont set a target weekly as dont want to be disappointed i am happy with what ever:p well you would of thought i had said i was going to chop my head off the looks i got:eek::rotfl::rotfl: didnt stay after that just got weighed and went
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure