Holiday insurance for the Carribean with young children

Options
I normally just go on meerkats & select the cheapest 5 star policy.

Taking my grandchildren, 8 & 5. I used to take my daughter abroad but not quite this far - I did take her to Egypt as a child though.

Anyway, should I just do the usual or should I bear anything in mind because of taking small children to the Carribean.

Comments

• leylandsunaddict
    Options
    Selecting the cheapest 5 star policy is really not the best way of buying travel insurance. 5 star or not, its not much good if it doesn't have the cover that suits your needs. You need to compare policies to ensure they do cover all you want/need at the levels you want, and with the excesses you want. Don't forget to declare everything that falls within the parameters of the medical
    declaration. Even if you don't want a condition covered you have to declare it.

Make sure you read the policy properly, especially the exclusions. The cover you need will also vary by what you're booking. A package holiday means you really don't need airport/airspace closure because the tour operator is responsible for rescheduling or refunds, and consequential loss cover isn't as important as if you're booking independently.

See your GP surgery about any recommended vaccinations you need. Lots of insurance policies don't cover if you get ill from something that has a vaccination recommended.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With the Caribbean, my main concern would be being sure it's not hurricane season, and youre in the hurricane belt.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    With the Caribbean, my main concern would be being sure it's not hurricane season, and youre in the hurricane belt.

That’s pure chance, it’s a risk from July to November -
    It’s never bothered me, I’ve always gone October/November/December & never even encountered a bad day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure