Bank Account for fundraising

All,

I do a little fundraising each year, maybe £500 or so which then gets passed on to various charities.

For a number of reasons I don't really like paying this money into my own account them pulling it back out again as it's not very visible and also I might confuse it with my own and spend it! I'd therefore like to set up a separate account, purely for fundraising.

I need an account with a chequebook and cash card, no minimum pay in per month, no ongoing fees but with easy-ish access.

Can anyone suggest a suitable account?

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    With only £500 a year going through it (and presumably the balance is smaller than that most of the time) any interest you might be able to earn is minimal, so any non-packaged account would be suitable. Either another account where you bank already or one at another institution. If you need branch access then take that into consideration.
  • PRAISETHESUN
    PRAISETHESUN Posts: 3,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Easiest approach would probably be to open a second current account with your own bank. Such a small balance is unlikely to gain much interest so it's probably not best to waste much time hunting around for the best deal.
  • barrymung
    barrymung Posts: 638 Forumite
    Interest isn't really a consideration. Local access is a good idea, although the Nationwide said they couldn't help, because "the account wouldn't be for personal use", which I thought was a bit tight! It *is* for personal use in that I'd personally go get the donations and personally go and give them to the chosen good causes! LOL!
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    barrymung wrote: »
    Interest isn't really a consideration. Local access is a good idea, although the Nationwide said they couldn't help, because "the account wouldn't be for personal use", which I thought was a bit tight! It *is* for personal use in that I'd personally go get the donations and personally go and give them to the chosen good causes! LOL!

I'd agree with you and disagree with them, but the question is why did you even tell them how it was going to be used? Either try again at Nationwide and just say it's a personal account (or say nothing) or go elsewhere and do the same.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,336 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just open an account with another bank.
  • pramsay13
    pramsay13 Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think it is for personal reasons, but maybe the bank hasn't understood you correctly.
    Just open a bank account with Nationwide (or a second account if you already have one) and use it for the donations.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure