How to post gifs?

Matty36
Matty36 Posts: 182 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 9 May 2019 at 2:13PM in Site feedback
Don't know if this is the correct place to ask but how do you post gifs? I used the image icon but nothing shows in the preview.

And is it posible to post pics or gifs from local device rather than from a link?

Thanks

And is it possible to get notifications if somebody quotes one of my posts so i dont have to keep checking?

Comments

• Benight
    Benight Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 10 May 2019 at 12:27PM
    Matty36 wrote: »
    Don't know if this is the correct place to ask but how do you post gifs? I used the image icon but nothing shows in the preview.

You should be able to post gifs, just like you can post images using the image icon
    giphy.gif

But remember, no flashing images, please - it's the rules!
    And is it posible to post pics or gifs from local device rather than from a link?

Thanks
    To allow others to see images via the www, they need to be uploaded to the www. As this site does not allow us mere mortals to load images direct to MSE (save for our own avatar), then they need to be loaded to a third party site and linked to.
    And is it possible to get notifications if somebody quotes one of my posts so i dont have to keep checking?

Yes, go to your user account options in your settings/User CP, and chose 'Instant email notification'

MSE-subscribe-email.jpg
  • Matty36
    Matty36 Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 May 2019 at 9:37PM
    Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income