Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LeaLea89
    • By LeaLea89 5th Feb 13, 11:43 AM
    • 338Posts
    • 1,862Thanks
    LeaLea89
    0 WOW
    Wilkinsons Reductions thread
    • 5th Feb 13, 11:43 AM
    0 WOW
    Wilkinsons Reductions thread 5th Feb 13 at 11:43 AM
    Hi all, haven't seen this anywhere else and don't think it belongs in the Christmas one so here goes!

Just been to my local store and they have 2 trollies full of discounted items, plenty of each including:

Dog misfit biscuits 69p various different ones
    Lucozade 1L both original and Orange 50p!!!
    Ribena small bottles 39p
    Ambipur 3volution 3.99 - including the plug in and a freshener
    Single ambi pur plug ins 2.00
    Small red pan - 2.99
    Curtain tie backs 1.50 - single tie back with beads
    Small pink photo frames 1.00
    Regina Kitchen Roll - didnt see the price as someone was just taking the last 3!

needless to say i stocked up on the bits we go through in my house

Don't know if its nationwide or local but worth trying

HTH someone
    Last edited by LeaLea89; 05-02-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: added extra
    SPC6 #116 652.75
    SPC7 #116 674.50
    SPC8 #116 1010
Page 5
    • Contemptuous
    • By Contemptuous 28th Apr 13, 4:04 PM
    • 515 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    Contemptuous
    Has anyone got a link to the mini greenhouses please? Could be just what my little garden needs!
    Slummy mummy!
  • fm123
    It was this one but wad reduced in store to half price (6.50). Looked like a national deal sign http://www.wilko.com/mini-greenhouses+accessories/wilko-greenhouse-mini-4-tier-clear-small-50cmx130cmx45cm/invt/0310723?VBMST=mini%20greenhouse
    • wilt44
    • By wilt44 28th Apr 13, 7:46 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wilt44
    Called in Blackpool branch today looking for the greenhouses but none reduced is this just store specific?
  • davidorabig
    Our local wilkinsons, Bordon, had mini greenhouses marked up at 10, but went through the till at 2.50. Also growbag green house, marked 8.00 went through till 2.00. Ask for a price check before you buy to be safe. They seem to have 75% off but they aren't shown on shelf. might be store specific... Good luck.
    It's not what you SAVE it's what you PAY that counts!!
    • wilt44
    • By wilt44 29th Apr 13, 5:05 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    wilt44
    Has anyone else seen this offer elsewhere? Can't get down to local wilkinsons until Thursday now.
    • Saturnalia
    • By Saturnalia 1st May 13, 7:17 AM
    • 1,933 Posts
    • 5,650 Thanks
    Saturnalia
    Dozens of bargains yesterday:

Piz Buin sunscreens half-price (about 5-7 per bottle). I'll be stocking up come payday, I need SPF30 as soon as the weather gets warm!

L'Oreal & Olay lotions & potions all reduced, some with a quid or two knocked off, some half-price.

Impulse body sprays 1.

Sanex bath foam, big bottles, half-price at 2 instead of 4.

Pantene shampoos & conditioners, again big, 400 or 500ml at a guess? 2 for 5.

Aussie haircare, 3 for 10. Some are normally 5 so the equivalent of buy 2 get 1 free. I didn't see any of the 3-minute treatment though, I know that is the best-seller and one of the pricier ones.

Persil washing-up liquid, 2 for 1.50. Sorry didn't see how much is in the bottle, they are a larger than normal size though. Lemon & orange scents available.
    Public appearances now involve clothing. Sorry, it's part of my bail conditions.
    • daveybea
    • By daveybea 1st May 13, 9:35 AM
    • 366 Posts
    • 284 Thanks
    daveybea
    i love getting bargains from wilko..but one day i got large herbal essences for 50p a bottle so obv grabbed enough to last me til xmas...anyway i spoke to the cashier about it and she said they got delivered by mistake supposed to be another store and head office tells them to sell them off cheaply instead of returning..she obv wasnt happy about it..but I defin was! if wilkos want to lose money its their problem cos im getting the bargains
    im tray not davey...pinched my hubbys account!!!

I must stop buying smellies..well until i spot a bargain!
    never turn a bargain /freebie down you just never know when you need it
    • joedenise
    • By joedenise 1st May 13, 9:39 AM
    • 6,995 Posts
    • 50,430 Thanks
    joedenise
    Tresemme shampoos and conditioners are about half price too in Wilkos. Bought shampoo yesterday for 2 - there were various ones available.

Denise
  • josh1234
    the big cheese rat traps at Wilkinsons
    grabbed some of these mouse traps in my local wilks today also got some big cheese rat traps traditional style for the same price 3p.jobsworth on the till nearly had an orgasm and called a manager to confirm the price.like its coming out her wages.but sel said 3p so i wasnt worried.havent even got mice or rats but for 3p why not,u never know.

http://www.wilko.com/pests-control/the-big-cheese-ultra-power-mouse-trap-pet-safe/invt/0330960?VBMST=big%20cheese
    • youth leader
    • By youth leader 7th Jun 13, 7:48 PM
    • 356 Posts
    • 422 Thanks
    youth leader
    funny you saying the person on the till called the manager - I bought some cheap lever arch folders and the till person said something like 'I can't believe that's all you are paying for them'. So rude!
  • daveeeeed
    Not as funny as saying the jobsworth nearly had an orgasm - the mind boggles!
    • FilmNerd1989
    • By FilmNerd1989 8th Jun 13, 1:49 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    FilmNerd1989
    Mouse traps were 87p and rat traps 93p in my local. The mouse traps look bloody lethal though - poor little !!!!!!s.

Still - they do insist on peeing on my shed-based Uni stash, so......
  • flashnazia
    50p in mine.
    "fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand Russell)
    • booter
    • By booter 8th Jun 13, 9:14 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,984 Thanks
    booter
    4 Mouse traps at 3p in my local - well, until I got there, then there were 2 SA didn't bat an eyelid
  • josh1234
    dog treats
    just got back froim my local wilks and looks like there having a clear out of dog treats all different kinds at less than half price.not sure if national.
    • christmasstarjules
    • By christmasstarjules 20th Jun 13, 9:10 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    christmasstarjules
    Kids Craft items clearance in Wilkinsons
    Popped into Wilkinsons today and they are clearing out lots of the kids craft bits.
    Pack of 6 chunky pirate / Fairy pencils 20p
    Boxes of either sponge letters or sponge shapes 30p.
    filled pencil cases either fairy or pirate 25p.
    Boxed set of 4 of their version of play doh including lots of cutters and rollers etc 62p (I got a lot of those for presents)
    Make your own pirate ship or fairy castle 50p.
    Moshi Monster carry pot of felt tips 75p
    Peppa Pig roller pens 50p
    Lots and lots more, but that's all I can remember!
  • josh1234
    posted a while back about dog and cat treats being reduced some 75% off now they all have 30p stickers on them but are scanning at 1p eagle eyed sa spotted it tho as we only got the dog treats but if u mix them up with normal shopping u might get them through unnoticed.
  • lotielot
    All Nivea's half price.
  • loulou55
    Thanks, went to check today and got a few bits from the kids crafty section
    Reward charts 50p
    Make your own mini clay fairy set 50p
    Box of foam letter for printing 30p
    Girls stamp set 30p
    • BargainJunky
    • By BargainJunky 22nd Jun 13, 6:04 PM
    • 1,425 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    BargainJunky
    Lots of craft/stationery items at the Chelmsley Wood store this morning - ideal as party presents if you get things to match or to split into party bags.

Pirate pencil sharpeners 10p, 6 pirate pencils for 20p, pirate stickers 25p. Russian doll pencil cases 50p, stickers (sheets and rolls in a box) 25p, filled clear pencil cases with Russian doll accessories 25p, pack of three books and stickers 50p, twistable crayons 60p (similar to Crayola twistables).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,114Posts Today

6,805Users online

Martin's Twitter