Loveholidays.com hotel booking issue

Options
A relative has recently booked a hotel with loveholidays.com. On booking she paid extra for a superior room. However on arrival the room was not upgraded as described. She complained to the hotel who advised they didn't have rooms of the category she booked available.

On return she was advised that as she didn't contact the agent directly during the holiday, she has no right to compensation. Can anyone advise if the agent are acting appropriately?

Comments

• bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Probably should have contacted the agent at the time.

It can still be raised as a complaint as the hotel seem to be saying what she was offered and paid for wasn't actually available.

Logically then entitled to a refund for the difference in the upgrade.
  • I was given a hotel/hostel for youth, I am 44 years old, this is a terrible deception and messed up my holiday to some extent. Also The hotel was far from central with the nearest shop like 5 stops on the metroline.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was given a hotel/hostel for youth, I am 44 years old, this is a terrible deception and messed up my holiday to some extent. Also The hotel was far from central with the nearest shop like 5 stops on the metroline.

was this an allocate on arrival deal or did you just not research the accommodation before booking?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure