PMd you Stuart. :)
  • OneStepBeyond
    Options
    Send you a PM Stuart
  • gillykms
    gillykms Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

If you guys could PM me some details too that would be great.

Thanks
    Credit Card debt as of [STRIKE]Nov '16 - £12,052.89[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]Dec '16 - £10,853.97[/STRIKE], [STRIKE]Jan '17 - £10,671.97[/STRIKE], Feb '17 - £7,990.41
    Aim to be debt free - December 2017
  • RooBee
    RooBee Posts: 282 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2012 at 6:18PM
    Options
    We've used Taylor plumbing & heating for over 10 years now. They've done 2 installations for us (2 different houses), all servicing and repairs and can't fault them at all.

Based in Dundonald - tel: 028 9048 4922
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    PMd you Gillykms. :)
  • OneStepBeyond
    Options
    Have sent you a PM Gillykms.
  • FUNKYDADDIO
    FUNKYDADDIO Posts: 552 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Guys, got my first quote for conversion and would really appreciate your thoughts based on your conversions. 4 bed detached. All oil system removed inc tank etc.. New combi boiler fitted. All pipework fitted and flushed. Room thermostat and 4 radiator thermo valves fitted. No new radiators fitted or shower or cooker or fire (existing, needs replaced) £2500 all in, what do you think folks? Thank you in advance.. :)
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys, got my first quote for conversion and would really appreciate your thoughts based on your conversions. 4 bed detached. All oil system removed inc tank etc.. New combi boiler fitted. All pipework fitted and flushed. Room thermostat and 4 radiator thermo valves fitted. No new radiators fitted or shower or cooker or fire (existing, needs replaced) £2500 all in, what do you think folks? Thank you in advance.. :)

Ex paid £2000 for 3 bed semi.
    No new radiators or shower.
    No radio thermostats fitted (ex had already done it).
    Wireless thermostat provided.
    Emersion removed.
    Hot & cold water tanks removed.
    Oil boiler removed.
    New Worcester Bosch combi boiler.
    Gas hob converted from gas canister to mains gas.
    Half the flue from oil boiler removed - they left the other half above the garage (attached to the house) but promised after being paid in full to come back and rectify it :rotfl:
    They also tarmaced part of the driveway from the meter box to the garage - after being paid in full they'd come back and fix it :rotfl:

Your quote seems a little bit steep in comparison but then you get what you pay for. We got a bunch of monkeys who (according to neighbours) spent most of their time messing around in our garage whilst drinking our coffee and all the while we were stuck with no heating and a 1 year old baby in the middle of winter getting our proverbials frozen off. Oh and don't get me started on how they used to leave the back door open all while the heating was off :mad:
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Ex-Spendaholic Posts: 1,766 Forumite
    Options
    Get more quotes, you should be able to get it done for about £2K. Also when you are getting prices find out what type of boiler they are supplying. There is a world of difference.
  • Dbhoy
    Dbhoy Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    only new so not sure of terminology.

seen that others ask for a list of good tradesmen, or maybe [EMAIL="it@s"]it's[/EMAIL] a list of who to avoid.

could i get a look?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure