Tesco after DRO

Options
bellasiennanemo
bellasiennanemo Posts: 4 Newbie
edited 21 May 2018 at 8:50AM in Credit file & ratings
It's been almost 6 years since I had a DRO and my Tesco credit card was included, about £2500 in Aug 2012. They stopped adding interest in January 2013. All the other accounts that were included on the DRO were marked as Satisfied, but my Tesco account still remains open and in default and its badly affecting my credit.

I've written to Tesco twice now with no response to the first letter and a standard reply saying they were looking into my complaint (2 letters saying the same thing arrived on the same day). They haven't done anything about it. The account is still open and in default since 2012.

Not sure what more I can do if Tesco are ignoring me. Any ideas?

Also, the DRO is still there on my credit report. I read that it remains there for up to 6 years, it's been 6 years in August this year, does it just drop off or do I need to do something to remove it?
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Both the DRO and the defaulted Tesco account will drop off 6 years from their relevant dates.
  • National_Debtline
    National_Debtline Posts: 7,998 Organisation Representative
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi there,

Once the DRO has successfully finished the creditors should mark your credit file in such a way to show no more money is owed. That could be as partially settled/ satisfied and a balance of £0. If Tesco hasn't done this and you have already raised a complaint with them to no avail, then you can escalate it to the Information Commissioners Office.

The DRO will come off your file automatically 6 years after the date it started and whilst you can challenge incorrect information on your credit file, please be aware that the DRO is potentially having more of a negative impact than this debt. However, incorrect information should be amended.

Laura
    @natdebtline
    We work as money advisers for National Debtline and have specific permission from MSE to post to try to help those in debt. Read more information on National Debtline in MSE's Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help guide. If you find you're struggling with debt and need further help try our online advice tool My Money Steps
  • bellasiennanemo
    Options
    Thanks for your help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills