Options

Comments

• UK_Ozzy
    UK_Ozzy Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck on your debt free journey.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You decided to do the DMP did you in the end? I think that is wise.

I would concentrate on building up your emergency fund first as you wont have access to credit.

Default on the debts asap so that the six years starts immediately unless stepchange have advised otherwise.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • EmergencyNurse
    Options
    DMP all set up for May. New bank account up and running. Total grocery bill for March £30 instead of £28. Payday on Monday, it feels like winning the lottery now i'm on the DMP road.
    Debt March 2018 £27,596:eek: DMP Start June 2018 Debt Free Date 2023:T:T:T Debt July 2020 £14,700 Debt July 2021 £9300
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    DMP all set up for May. New bank account up and running. Total grocery bill for March £30 instead of £28. Payday on Monday, it feels like winning the lottery now i'm on the DMP road.

That's good news :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EmergencyNurse
    Options
    Payday. For the first time in 18 years my wages haven't been eaten away by an overdraft. Day 1 of Operation DMP.
    Debt March 2018 £27,596:eek: DMP Start June 2018 Debt Free Date 2023:T:T:T Debt July 2020 £14,700 Debt July 2021 £9300
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Wonderful. You sound like you are feeling totally on board with this now.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • EmergencyNurse
    Options
    Wonderful. You sound like you are feeling totally on board with this now.

Totally! I've weighed up the pros and cons and I'm so happy with the decision I've made. Ironically, if it wasn't for Barclays I wouldn't have even heard about StepChange!! But if it wasn't for the support of this site I wouldn't have done anything about it.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Totally! I've weighed up the pros and cons and I'm so happy with the decision I've made. Ironically, if it wasn't for Barclays I wouldn't have even heard about StepChange!! But if it wasn't for the support of this site I wouldn't have done anything about it.

That's great. I think as you continue on this journey you will feel more in control and be able to live rather than constantly worrying about debt. Hopefully it will also take the pressure off and you might not have to do so much overtime and eat better. Keep posting for support.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The first day of the rest of your life.
    Enjoy :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EmergencyNurse
    Options
    Hold the front page. First World Problem Alert. Online grocery shopping has substituted my long awaited Tiramisu treat for a bog standard apple pie. Why Me!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure