Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    You would be better off posting this on the Pensions board - i have sent you a PM with a link to the board and instructions on how to create a thread

:)

Thanks I did try and help :)
  • Dax1978
    Dax1978 Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry been away and not sure what's going on?
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check emails!
    £5 off wys £10 - TCB:j
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Saversue

Found it by searching hope you get your smillies back.
    Sorry I couldn't search this morning .

Click on your username.

Then click on send message - send private message.

Look on left and scroll down to Edit Options which is in Settings and Options.

Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options , then under Message Editor Interface change this to either Basic Editor - A simple text box or Extra formatting controls.

Scroll down and save changes

Close page and reopen thread and you should now have smillies.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I don't know if it has been mentioned on here but Mum and I had 75 points when you buy shampoo in Boots and their cheapest one is 75p making it free. Don't try and use another coupon, eg double points as it didn't work for me, I suspect because it doubles the normal points which are not given when you get bonus points like this. I did both our shops on Saturday.

Yes I've got one - thanks for the reminder :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • mhoc
    edited 16 April 2018 at 6:48PM
    Options
    Check your COS for new freebies :)

I went to the Co-op to get the hippeas and Amstel - I knew my store had restocked the Hippeas but sadly no Amstrel.
    I did though get a coupon till spit, 25p off milk products - annoying when the milk has gone up 10p this week :(
    JUst wondering if the Starbucks latte which is on COS with 70p cashback counts as a milk product :)

I was en route to Morrisons so I got the Amstrel from there - we don't have a single bottle left in the house now, huge backlog of free beer and free cider at one stage, even around Christmas but all that's left now is 3 Happy Downs and 4 cans of the whisky ginger mix

Both accounts are now just over twenty and ready to withdraw but I am dithering slightly incase more freebies appear in the next day or two.
    Also just reached the level to get £5 paypal from shoppix so a good start to the week.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Travel toiletries on 3 for 2 working A V S £7.94 APG !:j
    Obviously the Sure, Head & Shoulders and the Listerine didn't compare but the other were fine !

11 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison
    AsdaSainsbury's

1x Sure Women Crystal Invisible Black & White Aerosol Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Compressed (75ml)£1.79N/A

1x Listerine Antibacterial Mouthwash Stay White Arctic Mint (95ml)£1.50N/A

1x Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey (70cl)£25.00£25.00

1x Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml)£2.20£1.50

1x ASDA Whole Milk (2pt)£0.79£0.80

1x ASDA Skimmed Milk (2pt)£0.79£0.80

1x Sanex Moisturising Shower Gel for Normal to Dry Skin (50ml)£1.50£1.00

3x Lynx Africa Body Spray (35ml)£4.50£3.00

2x Original Source Mini Mint & Tea Tree Shower (50ml)£3.00£2.00

1x Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo For Dry,Really Thirsty Hair (90ml)£2.20£1.50

2x Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Anti-Dandruff Shampoo (90ml)£3.00N/A

Comparison total (compared products only)£39.98 £35.60

+£4.38cheaper

Maybe these would also be useful for re-use, 12 for £3.59 free P&P
    50ml

Good find.

There are also these re-useable bottles/tubs (remember to label them in case you mistake hair cream for toothpaste.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Prochive-Transparent-Toiletries-Containers-Conditioner/dp/B07B3N2JV2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523894328&sr=8-4&keywords=small+screw+top+bottles
    £3.59 for 12, free postage

And these for toothpaste etc, or bigger ones for poo etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunpet-Storage-Canisters-Plastic-Small/dp/B0078NQR40/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1523894993&sr=1-1&keywords=small%2Bscrew%2Btop%2Bplastic%2Btub&th=1
  • mhoc
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    Check emails!
    £5 off wys £10 - TCB:j

sadly no emails for me and nothing obvious on the accounts.
    I missed the Easter £2.50 bonus as well

I've been getting odd bits for cashback so even the dormant accounts have some activity on them so I expect that explains why ...
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 April 2018 at 6:26PM
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Check your COS for new freebies :)

I went to the Co-op to get the hippeas and Amstel - I knew my store had restocked the Hippeas but sadly no Amstrel.
    I did though get a coupin till spit, 25p off milk products - annoying when the milk has gone up 10p this week :(
    JUst wondering if the Starbucks latte which is on COS with 70p cashback counts as a milk product :)

Both accounts are now just over twenty and ready to withdraw but I am ditheting slightly incase more freebies appear in the next day or two.
    Also just reached the level to get £5 paypal from shoppix so a good start to the week.

OMG free lager :cool:.

... and free sausage from T too :).

Anon
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Saversue

Found it by searching hope you get your smillies back.
    Sorry I couldn't search this morning .

Click on your username.

Then click on send message - send private message.

Look on left and scroll down to Edit Options which is in Settings and Options.

Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options , then under Message Editor Interface change this to either Basic Editor - A simple text box or Extra formatting controls.

Scroll down and save changes

Close page and reopen thread and you should now have smillies.

Thank You tweets.
    Great instructions, but had to play around a bit to find Miscellaneous Options on whatever version I now have. Have put on Extra formatting controls - now to see what happens. :j:j:T:T:j:j:T:T:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure