Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • preable
    • By preable 14th Aug 19, 9:24 PM
    • 2,003Posts
    • 1,296Thanks
    preable
    Royal Mail 24 tracking question
    • 14th Aug 19, 9:24 PM
    Royal Mail 24 tracking question 14th Aug 19 at 9:24 PM
    Hey guys

Brought something on eBay and seller dispatched today at around 10am just went to track the delivery and got the message

The system is currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference *******( my tracking num) Please try again later

Is this right as I googled it and it says it may not of been scanned yet so maybe still with the seller?

On eBay it says estimated delivery is tomorrow but usually when I check my tracking shows where it is in the system?

Anyone else had this or will it get updated in the morning

Thanks
    Preable
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 15th Aug 19, 10:31 AM
    • 29,385 Posts
    • 12,073 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 15th Aug 19, 10:31 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 10:31 AM
    The seller may have a batch of tracking numbers and they have allocated that one to your parcel, but the postman does not collect until 5pm?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • preable
    • By preable 15th Aug 19, 12:12 PM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 1,296 Thanks
    preable
    • 15th Aug 19, 12:12 PM
    • 15th Aug 19, 12:12 PM
    I understand that but the tracking still says the same message try again later?
    • the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    • By the_lunatic_is_in_my_head 15th Aug 19, 1:26 PM
    • 2,530 Posts
    • 1,496 Thanks
    the_lunatic_is_in_my_head
    • 15th Aug 19, 1:26 PM
    • 15th Aug 19, 1:26 PM
    I understand that but the tracking still says the same message try again later?
    Originally posted by preable
    The seller hasn't manifested their mail yet, once they do it should say something different.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 15th Aug 19, 5:26 PM
    • 13,554 Posts
    • 9,264 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 15th Aug 19, 5:26 PM
    • 15th Aug 19, 5:26 PM
    We use RMT24 and the barcode is generated by the system but my post doesn't get collected until 6pm. It doesn't get to the mail centre until nearly midnight. It is then that the scanning updates. The parcels still dutifully deliver themselves the next day. Check the tracking again in the morning.
    • preable
    • By preable 15th Aug 19, 6:46 PM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 1,296 Thanks
    preable
    • 15th Aug 19, 6:46 PM
    • 15th Aug 19, 6:46 PM
    We use RMT24 and the barcode is generated by the system but my post doesn't get collected until 6pm. It doesn't get to the mail centre until nearly midnight. It is then that the scanning updates. The parcels still dutifully deliver themselves the next day. Check the tracking again in the morning.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup

Ahh I just assumed as it was dispatched at 10am yesterday would of been scanned in I just checked and it now says no updates until a delivery attempt is made so fingers crossed arrives tomorrow.

Normally wouldnít be bothered but itís an expensive pair of headphones so just panicked a little.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Aug 19, 8:42 PM
    • 62,450 Posts
    • 44,883 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Aug 19, 8:42 PM
    • 15th Aug 19, 8:42 PM
    Just an observation, RM24 is not a tracked service, it is just a business 1st class so although EBay claim it is next day, in reality it might well not be.

As it isn't tracked it will only show up any information once delivered, nothing shows until that delivery confirmation.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 16th Aug 19, 5:37 AM
    • 13,554 Posts
    • 9,264 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 16th Aug 19, 5:37 AM
    • 16th Aug 19, 5:37 AM
    Just an observation, RM24 is not a tracked service, it is just a business 1st class so although EBay claim it is next day, in reality it might well not be.

As it isn't tracked it will only show up any information once delivered, nothing shows until that delivery confirmation.
    Originally posted by soolin
    Oddly I read this as the OP having a query on Royal Mail Tracked 24.

Re reading it now, and with the added response, it is clear this isn't RMT24 but standard mail with a POD.

OP, the above is correct and your RM24 may or may not come today and the "tracking" isn't tracking but a proof of delivery and won't change until it has been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 16th Aug 19, 7:30 AM
    • 62,450 Posts
    • 44,883 Thanks
    soolin
    • 16th Aug 19, 7:30 AM
    • 16th Aug 19, 7:30 AM
    Oddly I read this as the OP having a query on Royal Mail Tracked 24.

Re reading it now, and with the added response, it is clear this isn't RMT24 but standard mail with a POD.

OP, the above is correct and your RM24 may or may not come today and the "tracking" isn't tracking but a proof of delivery and won't change until it has been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    I wasn't sure, but the way the title reads it does appear to be normal 1st class Mail through a business account. My RM24 and 48 is not tracked and would show A similar message to what OP sees. Mine says something like, this will update when item is delivered, please try again later.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • preable
    • By preable 16th Aug 19, 7:51 AM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 1,296 Thanks
    preable
    Thanks all for the replies, Hopefully will come today. I used this seller as I was under the impression that Rm24 was next day delivery but now at least I know now its not they deliver in 1-3 days according to seller.

I only thought it was next day as ebay said estimated date was the next day so I just assumed!
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 16th Aug 19, 8:08 AM
    • 3,722 Posts
    • 2,088 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    It's up to the seller to set their dispatch time (in days) and their daily cut off time correctly so that what eBay says displays the correct estimate. Although having said that, it is just an estimate or "aim" to deliver in that time.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • preable
    • By preable 16th Aug 19, 10:37 AM
    • 2,003 Posts
    • 1,296 Thanks
    preable
    So according to the local office the item has been Mis sorted to another depot and she couldn’t tell me much more.

Am I right in thinking that the item would be sent to my local depot from the other or would it go back to sender? Has the correct address on so god knows what happened it’s in the same county where I am just miles away!
    • custardy
    • By custardy 16th Aug 19, 12:50 PM
    • 34,654 Posts
    • 29,354 Thanks
    custardy
    So according to the local office the item has been Mis sorted to another depot and she couldnít tell me much more.

Am I right in thinking that the item would be sent to my local depot from the other or would it go back to sender? Has the correct address on so god knows what happened itís in the same county where I am just miles away!
    Originally posted by preable
    I goes back to the mail centre and is resorted back to the office for the next day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,880Posts Today

5,972Users online

Martin's Twitter