The best cleanser you have used?

Options
I don't much care if it's a cream, a mousse, a gel, a lotion, a micellar, a balm or any mix of the above. What has been the best cleanser for you and your makeup, inc. eye shadow/liner/mascara.

Most of the ones I have used have left a browny gunk on the bathroom towels, rather than being rinsed down the sink, so not a recommendation in my opinion.

Comments

• panagia
    panagia Posts: 152 Forumite
    Options
    The best make-up remover is the Boots traditional range, I think it's just called skin cream. Really cheap, maybe about £3? If not, Astral is also good (and cheap!) but is a bit more perfumed. Recommend you use cotton wool pads rather than just rinsing it off.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Johnson baby oil. It's cheap and lasts for ages.
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If money were no object....Dermalogica, Pre-cleanse. It's the only thing that gets my make up off with a single cleanse, I've tried many products of all prices and none work as well. But at close to £40 a bottle, it's not something I think I'll ever be able to purchase for myself :(
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    If money were no object....Dermalogica, Pre-cleanse. It's the only thing that gets my make up off with a single cleanse, I've tried many products of all prices and none work as well. But at close to £40 a bottle, it's not something I think I'll ever be able to purchase for myself :(

I’ve been thinking of trying that, is it an oil that emulsifies?

A good cleanser for removing make up, hylamide the clear oil in the tall blue box. It’s really good.

Sanskrit Sapions (Niod) is a really good non make up cleanser.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The Camomile range from The Body Shop.
  • asajj
    asajj Posts: 5,123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    The Camomile range from The Body Shop.

This. I use a muslin cloth to take the makeup off so it helps too.
    ally.
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 April 2018 at 8:48AM
    Options
    The problem with the Camomile balm is that it forms a goo around the sides of the bathroom washbasin. Maybe it's our hard water which is making it re-solidify, but I hate having to wipe the basin down with Cillt Bang after every make-up removal. I really need a rinse-off mousse or something that does not leave a grimy film. Or use those disposable cotton pads as suggested by panagia.
  • Kim_kim
    Kim_kim Posts: 3,726 Forumite
    Options
    Beenie wrote: »
    The problem with the Camomile balm is that it forms a goo around the sides of the bathroom washbasin. Maybe it's our hard water which is making it re-solidify, but I hate having to wipe the basin down with Cillt Bang after every make-up removal. I really need a rinse-off mousse or something that does not leave a grimy film. Or use those disposable cotton pads as suggested by panagia.

You need an emulsifying oil cleanser, the body shop range isn’t.

I think the Deciem hylamide one I suggested to you is, Elemis cleansing oil definitely is (but hylamide is a better cleanser).
    Look for the word emulsifying or emulsify.

I know what you mean about a messy basin, I haven’t noticed that with hylamide.
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    Garnier Micellar water is by far the best cleanser I've used. It doesn't dry my skin out or make it feel oily, a bottle of it last for ages and it removes all my makeup (though if I've had heavy eye makeup on it might take two or three cotton wool pads to get the job done, but it doesn't cause any irritation).
  • Beenie
    Beenie Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Cotton wool pads seem to be the main thing that I have been missing out. I can see that by throwing the majority of the gunk in the bin, it will keep it out of the basin. I will start tonight. I have also got myself a bottle of baby oil as someone has recommended it to me, and it was at least cheap if I don't like it. Sorry, but I won't be trying the £40 a bottle stuff.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure