Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hopefully all will be well.
    Try not to worry too much.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,586 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well the events of the weekend put my worries about the receipt into perspective.......... and there hasn't been any come back on it yet!!!

In Morrisons doing a bit of shopping ready for the family to arrive when completely out of the blue dh had a seizure - I've never been so frightened in my life - and i'm used to dealing with the children i work with having them. I never thought all the training I've had on how to deal with them would be needed at home........how 7 minutes (the time span of the seizure) can change your life........

We went out to the shop at 6.30 pm Friday evening and arrived home just before 4 Saturday morning. An hour and 10 minute wait for an ambulance and then hours in A&E - thankfully he seems ok with no obvious damage but because its the 1st one hes ever had, he has to undergo a range of scans and tests to try and determine the cause but we may never know and i'm thinking positive and hoping he's one of the few who has a 1 off for no obvious reason. He has gone to work but can no longer drive or climb ladders until given the all clear, since this is a good part of his job I'm not sure what the outcome will be.

I have given up wanting a new car and I pick up a car that will be good enough to get us from a to b next Monday, paid for in the cash put aside from the ppi refund which we were doing up the house with. The car dh has is way too big for me to drive. I have still looked after our granddaughter this week as planned as we need to keep things as normal as possible.

Adrenaline has kept me going and I think it's just beginning to sink in. I made myself go back to the shop as i kept seeing the events unfold in my mind - I really thought I'd be going home on my own that night - never been so pleased to listen to his snoring!!!!!

I cant believe how brilliant morrisons were - they even made us fresh sandwiches to take to the hospital with us.

But as I say 'life keeps getting in the way'.....................
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Blimey.So sorry to hear that.
    Take care of you too xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    This could be ok. Just keep some pressure on for scans etc to be progressed. How lovely of the shop staff.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    Options
    Thanks Beanie ans Need of Direction. It's been a busy couple of weeks to say the least....
    I had gdd as planned then my son drove us to Kent to take her back. It was just what we both needed to keep our minds from wondering - a 2 year old full of giggles and hugs a plenty for Grandma and Grandad. It's a long journey to take her back - Kent coast from Manchester but it was lovely to see the sea....... had some lovely walks to put the world to rights.

Back to work last week and I had to fill the forms in to re-apply for my job as cutting from 15 temporary staff to 9...... and I was last member of staff to start but 1 so hoping its not last in first out - anyway its completed and handed in and they are interviewing at the end of this week......fingers crossed`- what will be will be!!

DH has been seen by GP with bloods and chest x-rays taken to check for underlying conditions that might cause a seizure and could be overlooked. Then we went to see a consultant at Salford Royal hospital which specializes with conditions that effect the brain. He was lovely but we were no further on as still needed a MRI scan. Anyway had that yesterday so just waiting for the results............. He is fine and at work. Need positive vibes for a letter to discharge us and he is one of the folk who have an unexplained seizure. I'll be watching for the post like a hawk..........

Just to complete my week I have been up since 3 this morning throwing up for England. I haven't been in work and won't be tomorrow. Had flat lemonade since 7 this morningto keep hydrated and so far its stayed just where its meant to be - I've slept on and off all day and feel like I've done a couple of rounds with Mohamed Ali. I could have really done without time off before the interviews at the end of the week.

Spend wise has been a bit pricey - I chickened out of driving to the hospital as its quite a way from here and involves motorways - which I don't do. But the trams gothere at a tenner a trip, plus I've been picking bits up at the local shops as we need them to save time. I'm still getting my head around the idea of leaving him on his own in the house in case it happens again............but all things considered I think we are coping ok as it's early days yet.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Oh I've been to the dentist too, to have crowns put on - got a bruised face to prove I was there... that was over £220.......TEETH nothing but trouble but would be lost without them..........
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    I think I needed these days off work to get my head in order and do a bit of quiet contemplation - so maybe the grotty tummy was natures way of making me slow down!!

My interview is at 11 on Thursday - on the plus side it's only 6 months since I had m last interview so I've an idea how the questioning might go. The child I work with has presented problems to various staff with her challenging behavior but we seem to get along ok and she responds well to boundaries I've put in place. On the negative side - I've had a couple of days off with this tummy bug and had to have time off for a hospital appointment with dh.

I've had a look at my finances this morning - loan is paid off but I've not managed to pay my cc in full this month - balance of £400 at the start of the month - so plan is minimum spends and use store cupboard goodies. I know I need to buy train tickets soon for the trip to Edinburgh in June about £110. Within the next 2 months I will get back to paying cc in full every month again - just in case I'm out of job from August and worse case senario is dh is unable to work - he only gets statutory sick pay if he is off - just need to make sure we're in the best situation we can be should that happen.

Feeling much better today and I'll be back at work tomorrow although the atmosphere will be charged...........I'm just going to keep my head down and get on with the job without getting dragged into the emotions that go along with 15 staff having interviews - it's going to be awful when we find out who is going......I really think the management have a pretty good idea who is staying and going with a few to make the final decisions about at interview level - there will be 5 interviewers - personally I suspect they have been watching staff for some time..... but maybe I'm just an old cynic.....
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    No I dont think you are an old cynic at all.
    Hope all goes well :)

• milann
    Options
    Well I still have a job - the interview was fine - but then we had to wait until after the weekend to find out whether or not we had a job. The 3 people who have lost jobs are fairly bitter and I've overheard several conversations about 'people' only being here 5 minutes and getting full time jobs when they've been at the school years.........but that's life and I've got a thick skin!!! It would have been good to have kept everyone but with cut backs it wasn't possible and I can't help that I've only been there 6 months...

Dh has had his scan results back and nothing has shown, thankfully and he is absolutely fine in himself but it's a bit like walking on eggshells as he is getting his head around not driving - not helped by me hating driving. We'll get through.

We should be going to Cornwall next month to the caravan but there is no way we can get there so we are going to stay with my daughter for a few days at her new house on the Kent coast - we can get there on the train and although they'll be at work we can explore around there as we've only spent a few days there and it's a part of the world we don't know at all - plus I get granny cuddles from 'a big girl' who is '2 and a HALF' the 'half' making all the difference when you are only 2 going on twenty and chatting for England LOL

Feeling a bit MEH - I think the events of the last month have caught up with me so I've just treated myself to some much needed items of under clothing from good old M&S - all my old ones have become discoloured, mis-shapen and the fasteners bent and digging into me - so hoping they will perk me up in more ways than 1 ;)

I have been putting off buying said under garments as I've been paying loans and cc off - BUT when I make my payment after payday - I WILL BE DEBT FREE........... so it's my little treat to me.... This month will still be a bit tight as this months cc bill was double what I usually pay - but to be DEBT FREE will be worth it - I'll continue using my cc and paying off in full every month as I collect the points from Mr T's bank and exchange for days or meals out :)

I want to build up a bit of cash to do some work in the house - we have used what we had put aside for the house to get my car.... but we have since sold dh car and had a little cash present from MIL but there was still quite a short fall - but at least I didn't get the loan I was thinking about.

Onwards and Upwards.............off to catch up with some diaries
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Great news on job.
    I hate driving too.
    Is it 6 months for your DH not to drive?

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback