Barclays PPI Claim

Options
Hopefully somebody may be able to offer some advice.
I completed a complaints form to reclaim PPI that I know I paid on some loans. However I may have ticked a wrong box on the form asking if I would have been paid by my employer if I was off work due to sickness or accident.
I didn’t realize this until I received a call from them out of the blue I said that there’s must be a mistake as I would have been paid now they have said that I need to send them evidence of this. (They have also admitted that I did pay PPI ) Of course that’s impossible now as I am unable to get any confirmation from my former employer at the time of taking out the loans. I have emailed them but they were unable to help they have no records now.
Can anyone please offer me any advice on where to go from here please?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    They have also admitted that I did pay PPI
    That's a confirmation that you had an insurance policy, not any admission of "guilt". There is nothing wrong with PPI as a product, it was the manner in which it was often (mis-)sold that is the issue.
    I may have ticked a wrong box on the form asking if I would have been paid by my employer if I was off work due to sickness or accident.
    Oh dear.
    they have said that I need to send them evidence of this.
    Clearly, unless you can provide such evidence your complaint will not be considered on that basis. The Bank may well still refund, but you are therefore reliant on their investigation turning up other errors with the sale.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    they have said that I need to send them evidence of this

Most banks have built up a database of employer benefits. When your employer is not one on their database or what you have told them is more beneficial that what their records show then they ask you for details. So, quite normal.
    They have also admitted that I did pay PPI

Why do you call it an admission? It's not as if there is anything wrong with having PPI. Confirmation would be a better word.
    Can anyone please offer me any advice on where to go from here please?

You will need to let the firm know that the employer is not willing to provide evidence of employer benefits. The bank will then factor that into their decision.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure