Advice needed on iva

Options
Hi. I'm new to this so please bare with me.
7 years ago I entered into an iva. The iva company at the time was Grant Thornton. When it started it was explained that the iva would be over 6 years instead of 5. At the request of my mortgage company.
I paid regularly every month. It was also explained that 6 months from the end of the iva. I would be contacted to see if I could remortgage. If I couldn't my finances would be checked to see if I could carry on paying for 12 months after depending on equity. Everything was fine then about 2 years ago it was taken over by Aperture. Everything stayed the same. In August last year the iva came to an end. No one got in touch with me 6 months from the end. Like I was told I would be. So I got in touch with them.
They apologised and asked me to get 3 valuations of me property and to send them an income and expenditure form. Which I did
Now 12 months later they have finally got back to me.
I'm still none the wiser of what's happening. They have asked for an income and expenditure form again.
Is this normal or not I'm confused. Also I checked on the insolvency register 6 months ago and I wasn't on that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,879 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 August 2019 at 8:21PM
    Options
    You will just have to roll with it I’m afraid, these IVA companies can drag their feet if you don’t keep at them, your not discharged until your IP says so, I would definitely chase them up over this.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • SammyD89
    Options
    Hi all,
    I too have just completed an IVA with Aperture (formally Debt Free Direct).
    I am also waiting for my discharge certificate and to hear what happens from now.
    I have just received an email from them asking for additional pay slips from June 18-Mar 19, which I have duly provided - but this doesn't sit very well with me.
    I have paid on time every month, I have completed my Income and Expenditure documents when requested and everything has gone well.
    I have also had several conversations with Aperture on the phone regarding this and no additional payments or problems have been discussed.
    I am now worried that I am out of my IVA and they're going to say it has failed. Does anyone have any advise and should I instruct a solicitor?
  • PrettyKittyKat
    Options
    SammyD89 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I too have just completed an IVA with Aperture (formally Debt Free Direct).
    I am also waiting for my discharge certificate and to hear what happens from now.
    I have just received an email from them asking for additional pay slips from June 18-Mar 19, which I have duly provided - but this doesn't sit very well with me.
    I have paid on time every month, I have completed my Income and Expenditure documents when requested and everything has gone well.
    I have also had several conversations with Aperture on the phone regarding this and no additional payments or problems have been discussed.
    I am now worried that I am out of my IVA and they're going to say it has failed. Does anyone have any advise and should I instruct a solicitor?

Why would they say it has failed if you have paid all your payments and provided all info?

It isn't unheard of for IVA companies to drag their feet when doing a final file review and issuing the final report. Just keep chasing them up.

If for some reason there is a breach they have to issue you a breach letter explaining what the breach is for an giving you an opportunity to rectify it.
  • fatbelly
    fatbelly Posts: 20,499 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier
    Options
    and, no, don't contact a solicitor
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts