Tesco Biggest Offer Ever

Options

Comments

• robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2011 at 7:54PM
    Options
    ive just noticed that sopmething from my receipt is missing on the results i got back yesterday

i definitely bought pepsi max and its not in the results hmmm

also salad cream not listed at all

is this their way of trying to get out of giving vouchers
    What goes around-comes around
  • pixie__girlie
    Options
    Has anybody had to wait more than 36 hours for their email? It's been 2 days for me now o.0 Bloody Tescos lol
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Has anybody had to wait more than 36 hours for their email? It's been 2 days for me now o.0 Bloody Tescos lol
    Check your spam folder, thats where mine was.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • twiglet98
    twiglet98 Posts: 883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I split my shopping into separate batches at the checkout, one for items I expect to be cheaper at Tesco, one for items I expect to be cheaper at Asda and therefore subject to the DTD offer, and one for items cheaper at Asda but including things I wanted two of, but they are on BOGOF at Tesco, which would halve 'their' price per item.

I bought some items I don't actually want, and hope I can return them. Does anyone know if I should wait until the DTD coupon(s) have been emailed to me, and then return these bits? I've only ever returned anything to Tesco once, and that was just a straight swap for the next size up jeans, I've never actually asked them for a refund and find the CS people quite intimidating!
  • tsb
    tsb Posts: 318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is there a minimum number of items that has to be on the receipt? I know the Asda terms and conditions state there must be at least 8 different items on the receipt - can't find anything such like in the tesco terms and conditions.

Got to say, all the info on here is great. Only just found this thread and have been making lists of things to 'save' money on!:beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    tsb wrote: »
    Is there a minimum number of items that has to be on the receipt? I know the Asda terms and conditions state there must be at least 8 different items on the receipt - can't find anything such like in the tesco terms and conditions.

Got to say, all the info on here is great. Only just found this thread and have been making lists of things to 'save' money on!:beer:

There is no minimum number like Asda. This is amazing for me because I am a student and only buy a very small shop.
  • spidystrider
    spidystrider Posts: 1,246 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Spent £27.38 in Tesco yesterday and got a voucher back for £25.58.

My poor hubby had a terrible time spending it today, as no-one had ever seen one before! They said that it was the difference between the two prices that he was to get off tonight's shopping, so £1.80. Thankfully after arguing with four different assistants and the manager, he finally got £25.58 off a £50.65 shop.

Can't wait for next weekend as I am expecting another voucher for £40.20 now :rotfl:

They said that they couldn't believe that Tesco was THAT much dearer!
    Mortgage Free in 3-T2 : Started at £151,000 Nov. 2009 Mortgage Free Oct 1st 2015 :)
  • Money_Doctor
    Options
    Spent £27.38 in Tesco yesterday and got a voucher back for £25.58.

My poor hubby had a terrible time spending it today, as no-one had ever seen one before! They said that it was the difference between the two prices that he was to get off tonight's shopping, so £1.80. Thankfully after arguing with four different assistants and the manager, he finally got £25.58 off a £50.65 shop.

Can't wait for next weekend as I am expecting another voucher for £40.20 now :rotfl:

They said that they couldn't believe that Tesco was THAT much dearer!

Everbody seems to be getting their vouchers through very quickly.... Wonder how many staff Tesco employ as a result and if they work all night
  • Aspal
    Aspal Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    twiglet98 wrote: »
    I split my shopping into separate batches at the checkout, one for items I expect to be cheaper at Tesco, one for items I expect to be cheaper at Asda and therefore subject to the DTD offer, and one for items cheaper at Asda but including things I wanted two of, but they are on BOGOF at Tesco, which would halve 'their' price per item.

I bought some items I don't actually want, and hope I can return them. Does anyone know if I should wait until the DTD coupon(s) have been emailed to me, and then return these bits? I've only ever returned anything to Tesco once, and that was just a straight swap for the next size up jeans, I've never actually asked them for a refund and find the CS people quite intimidating!

You have to hand the receipt in with the voucher, so there's no point in buying things you don't need and want to return!
  • pixie__girlie
    Options
    Aspal wrote: »
    You have to hand the receipt in with the voucher, so there's no point in buying things you don't need and want to return!

The two times I've used these vouchers I've shown the receipt, and they checked the details from the bottom of the receipt and given the receipt back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure