Tesco Biggest Offer Ever

Options

Comments

• hertslady64
    Options
    Does it price check everything?
    This aquafresh toothpaste :
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco...ump_100ml.html
    £1.98 tesco £1 asda. that would mean it costs 2p!!!

and face wipes :
    http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco...e_Skin_25.html
    6 pence!!
  • Nuttygal
    Nuttygal Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    Its the other way round - Tesco were listed on their checker as £3.05 before I left home but in store were £1.50. What did you pay for yours?

It's not often I complain about Mr T reducing prices!

BTW I think I will use my voucher on buying 2 of each BOGOF rather than another pricecheck shop, as it took SO much willpower to only pick up singles:rotfl:

I paid £3.05 at 2pm today and my tesco grocery app on my phone still says they're £3.05 too :) hth xxx
    Please remember to thank fellow MSE'rs :beer:
  • celebrate
    celebrate Posts: 5,883 Forumite
    Options
    Got my first big voucher through tonight - Big grin.

Airwicks didn't pay off though as according to Tesco they are now £6.13 at Asda too (taking mine back)

Did 3 more shops today, waiting to see if they pay off

But keep an eye on Tesco shelf edge labels (SEL) as Tesco had reduced several items at the shelf edge so they were the same price as Asda, and taken away the SEL for several more

These are now same price as Asda, contrary to Pricecheck website info

Nestle After Eights Choc Mints 300g (shame!)

Werthers Original Milk Chocolate 125g
    Palmolive Handwash Milk & Honey
    Cadbury Fairtrade Drinking choc 250g

Nescafe Drinks 8 sachets various flavours
    and one of the Flash products was listed as 500ml on website but only had 750ml in store
    I am happy bunny though, especially with the deoderants!

hi which deodrants did you buy?
    GRATITUDE WHEN GIVEN, PATIENCE WHEN DENIED

Please press the thanks button when someone has helped!
  • czerniacha
    czerniacha Posts: 2,326 Forumite
    Options
    I got the wipes today, but tesco's packaging looks a bit different so will report back tomorrow if it worked, there are also neutrogena wipes i got
  • Helix
    Helix Posts: 2,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gabbyevs wrote: »
    i dont understand why the employees arent given just a general talk about these vouchers-surely its not hard to send a memo round to till staff

and why are they trying to say its the difference between the prices when the offer has clearly stated its double the difference

Problem is with everyone being on different shifts. I used to find when I was at Sainsbury's that the daytime staff used to know the most as they were around when the daily meetings happened and would usually inform the other staff that were working at the time about anything that was discussed. The evening and weekend staff generally missed out on this info, they did have folders at every checkout with memos for staff but it was usually so busy you didn't have time to read them, or you find that someone who read it early had already taken the memo so they had their own personal copy.
  • robbies_gal
    robbies_gal Posts: 7,895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i understand about diffferent shifts it just baffles me that they look at you like youre mad when they give u something diferent then have to hold up a queue waiting for a supervisor to ask them
    What goes around-comes around
  • letmelogon3
    letmelogon3 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    gabbyevs wrote: »
    i understand about diffferent shifts it just baffles me that they look at you like youre mad when they give u something diferent then have to hold up a queue waiting for a supervisor to ask them

when you use anything other than cash or cards you confuse most staff. on my first shop to get a DTD voucher I used a sainsbury's £2 off when you spend £20 with no problem, the first 2 DTD vouchers they did not ask to see receipt. but when I went to use my 3rd DTD and another sainsbury's 2 off 20 they said they dont take sainsbury's only asda at the moment and they wanted to keep my tesco receipt. but i put them right on both issues and got my receipt back with used writen on it.
  • Trevv
    Trevv Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All, just come across this thread...it looks almost too good to be true!..
    Do you know when the prices are updated? I'm just wondering if it is safe to buy some of the products listed on this thread yesterday...or do the prices change daily?? I would be really grateful for any guidance please.....
  • AdamLondon_2
    Options
    Trevv wrote: »
    Hi All, just come across this thread...it looks almost too good to be true!..
    Do you know when the prices are updated? I'm just wondering if it is safe to buy some of the products listed on this thread yesterday...or do the prices change daily?? I would be really grateful for any guidance please.....

That is the risk, most Asda promotions don't have published end dates so you can never be sure and the Tesco pricecheck hasn't been updated since Friday, the Asda web site and mysupermarket can help, but I have noticed things showing on offer on mysupermarket in the morning and not in the afternoon.
  • AdamLondon_2
    AdamLondon_2 Posts: 94 Forumite
    edited 14 March 2011 at 9:45AM
    Options
    Here's a fine example, I've just noticed the TRESemme has just gone to full price at Asda.

Edit, actually on mySupermarket it went to full price, yet on Asda's site it is still 2 for £4...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure