Thomas Cook flights

Options
Looking at some Thomas Cook flights and having never flown with them iv got a couple of questions people can hopefully help with. Do I need to pay for reserved seats or will we be able to sit together if we check in early ? And if I just purchase the flights now and add luggage later does the cost for up ? Currently £20 for a 20kg bag each way . Any help would be great.

Comments

• bradders1983
    bradders1983 Posts: 5,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The only way to guaranteed sitting together is to reserve them beforehand, if you leave it until getting to the airport then you take your chances that there are enough seats left to seat you together.

And I think the luggage cost stays the same if you prebook it now or leave it until a bit later.
  • joshparker1911
    Options
    Thanks for the quick reply. Do they not let you check in online early then ?
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Let Google be your friend...

https://www.thomascook.com/online-check-in-airlines/

Fwiw, I've never in over 40 years of flying regularly paid extra for seats together. If you check in online as soon as it opens, then you will be alright. If you leave it until you get to the Airport, then as long as you get there in plenty of time [2 hours before] you should still be alright.....leave it until the last minute and you'll almost definitely given what's left.
  • stephb34
    stephb34 Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

You can only check in within 24hrs of flying. If you haven't paid for seats they will be allocated when you check in. At the moment Thomas Cook don't deliberately split you up if there are seats together you will get them.
    Something to consider is when are the flights, if in peak times the flights will be full and a lot of people do pay for prebooked seats, if its off peak then there may be plenty to choose from.
    The luggage is the same price if you do now or later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure