Credit club - address history abroad

Options
Good evening.

I would like to sign up to the credit club to access my credit reports. However, we moved to the UK less than three years ago and the registration form doesn’t seem to accept the postcode of a non-UK address. Did anybody experience the same issue and is there a way around it?

Many thanks!

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    I experienced a similar issue when I moved to the UK - not every provider allows for foreign address history in their online forms, but some do when you call them up and apply over the phone.

If you are unable to sign up to MSE credit club, you can request your free statutory report directly from Experian instead - this is the credit agency that credit club gets its data from. If you have issues getting access to your files (I know I did initially), you will likely be asked to provide some ID - give them what they ask for and this should then allow them to sort out getting access to your files/reports. While you're at it, get in touch with the other CRAs (Equifax and TransUnion, or their free services Noddle and Clearscore).
  • ritc
    ritc Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks, I will do that. The MSE credit club sounded more straight forward and less hassle but it doesn’t seem to work without a three year address history in the UK.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure