Unknown JD Williams account on file

Options
Hi folks,

Having a bit of difficulty resolving an unknown JD Williams account that is appearing but at the same time not appearing on my credit file.

Every month I get a clearscore alert, and it is a JD Williams account who's negative status is getting worse. Currently its at 6 so I imagine it will default soon.

However, this account does not show up on my actual credit profile anywhere with clearscore, mse cc or credit karma. It literally only shows up on the Clearscore Alerts page every month:

RbL7xPB.png

I do have both a Jacamo and a Fashion World account, but they have both been at a 0 balance for some time now, and both show up on my credit profile with different account numbers to that above.

As this account does not show up on my credit profile, I cannot find any easy way to dispute it.

Could anyone please advise on what my first steps should be?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Contact Clearscore.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you done a stat report with equifax? It will probably show on there too.

Clearscore have an annoying dispute ticket system, so if it's on equifax too, contact both and dispute with both
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Not sure if it helps you at all but that is a Jacamo account. The CGN is the reference for Jacamo.
  • m-holland
    m-holland Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    nic_c wrote: »
    Have you done a stat report with equifax? It will probably show on there too.

Clearscore have an annoying dispute ticket system, so if it's on equifax too, contact both and dispute with both

So I just requested a new stat report from equifax (i had registered with them previously but didnt think to check) and found the account in question. Turns out its my brothers account but with my birth month and year.

yebeFHV.png

Should my next port of call be Equifax, Jacamo or is this something my brother will need to sort out?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You need to sort it out, as it's on your files.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Jacamo won't speak to you about an account in your brothers name.

You want to raise a credit report dispute with Equifax to get it removed

https://www.equifax.com/personal/disputes/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I cannot understand how a credit reference agency could make such a mistake. After all, a person is uniquely identified by name, address and DoB, so there should be no excuse for placing data on the wrong record.

Oh … I forgot! The credit reference agencies use something called 'attributable data', which is a euphemism for 'we can't uniquely identify the correct record, so we'll have a guess at it'.

This sort of thing is appalling data processing practice and should be stamped out. Instances should always be reported to the ICO with an explanation as to what the credit reference agencies are doing.
  • jimbo26
    jimbo26 Posts: 954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It would be worth checking that they haven't linked your name and your brothers name, creating a financial link.
  • m-holland
    m-holland Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just wanted to update this thread that I got a reply from Equifax this morning stating that they had took the information relating to my little brother off my report.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
  • older_wiser
    older_wiser Posts: 2,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    another bit of evidence that points to the CRA needing some improvements

i'm glad the OP found this out before the account was defaulted and a CCJ issued that would have caused even more problems in the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure