Warm Home Discount

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone and just a quick heads up about our 2018/19 Warm Home Discount scheme.

We’re planning to close the scheme to new applications on or around 31 January 2019.

After 18 January 19, customers won’t be able to ask for paper applications. Online applications will still be available until the official closure date. If anyone thinks they’re eligible and hasn’t applied please do so as soon as possible. Online is quickest.

All Broader Group (where customers need to apply) applications are handled on a first come, first served basis. Once we’ve reached our quota, we’ll close the scheme as above.

Most customers are likely to receive their payment within 3 months of their confirmation letter. The last payments will be made by 31 March 19.

Hope this is of interest. Please let me know if anyone needs more information as happy to help.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    I received my EON WHD Broader group payment on to my account at the beginning of December and I applied early September.

That's great Crazydennie. Glad you've received your WHD.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Nullboris wrote: »
    What is the number to contact EON about this ? I suspect I would be eligible as I am on a very low income .
    My last supplier did not do this scheme

Thanks for your interest Nullboris. As poppy12345 says, we don't accept phone applications for Warm Home Discount. As above, the quickest way to apply is online through our website.

If you don't want to use the online service, you can send a paper application. We'll need to receive this before 18 January 19. You can ask for a form over the phone by calling our Contact Centre. The number is on our website (contact us page) and your bills.

Alternatively, you can use our online Live Chat service or send us an email (also in the contact us section). There are our social media channels (Facebook and twitter) too. Both have private messaging facilities. Advisors on each channel can send application forms.

Sorry I can't put links or phone numbers on the Forum. MSE don't like company reps doing this.

Let me know if I can help further Nullboris as happy to do so.

Malc
    Options
    calcotti wrote: »
    Information on EON website https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount. Button for online application.

Indicates that the scheme usually closes in Nov/Dec.
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    All energy suppliers have their own criteria for this for the broader group but some you have to be on certain benefits to qualify. You apply online, not ring them.

Having looked at EON you have to be on certain benefits to qualify for the broader group. Some suppliers have already started to pay out and it's on a first come first serve basis, so if you do qualify you maybe too late. See link for how to apply for EON.
    https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

Many thanks for posting these links calcotti and poppy12345. As above, MSE don't like company reps doing this.

Malc
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you to EON Rep Malc, I thought I’d missed the deadline for the warm home discount, but after reading your post applied last week and just had the letter saying I’m entitled, the equivalent of roughly £10 a month off my bill will help a lot, thanks.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Posts: 15,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Many thanks for posting these links calcotti and poppy12345. As above, MSE don't like company reps doing this.

Malc

If you're still reading this, perhaps you could feedback to those at E.ON that if the scheme is closing at the end of January it is not helpful having a note on the website saying that "in previous years we've closed the scheme to new applicants in November/December." This is likely to discourage people from applying after December. I appreciate that each year may be different but if it's not possible to include more accurate up to date information and you want to leave the existing wording it would be better to add something along the lines of "However every year is different so do not be put off contacting us if you think you may qualify."
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    That’s why I thought I was too late, id waited to see where I was at financially in November and then forgot
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Its very confusing when on my E.on online account as already sucessful with 2018/19, does not say on application for what year,
    Taken from my recent visit
    We’re serious about helping our customers reduce their energy bills, particularly those in fuel poverty. One of the ways we can do this is through the Warm Home Discount Scheme, where we’re able to offer eligible customers a discount on their winter electricity bills.

We've included some answers to questions we thought you may have about the scheme below, including who might be eligible.

If you're receiving the Guarantee element of Pension Credit you may receive the Warm Home Discount automatically, please see the questions and answers below for further information.

As we deal with applications on a "first come, first served" basis, we wouldn't want you to miss out so please complete our online form.
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
    Options
    w06 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thank you to EON Rep Malc, I thought I’d missed the deadline for the warm home discount, but after reading your post applied last week and just had the letter saying I’m entitled, the equivalent of roughly £10 a month off my bill will help a lot, thanks.

You're welcome w06. Happy to help and glad my heads up made a difference.

Malc
    Options
    calcotti wrote: »
    If you're still reading this, perhaps you could feedback to those at E.ON that if the scheme is closing at the end of January it is not helpful having a note on the website saying that "in previous years we've closed the scheme to new applicants in November/December." This is likely to discourage people from applying after December. I appreciate that each year may be different but if it's not possible to include more accurate up to date information and you want to leave the existing wording it would be better to add something along the lines of "However every year is different so do not be put off contacting us if you think you may qualify."

Thanks for the feedback calcotti. Happy to send this to the relevant managers here at E.ON who look after our Warm Home Discount scheme.

The start of the 2018/19 scheme was delayed and this has had a knock-on effect. We've been able to leave it open longer until we've reached our full quota of applications. In past years, this tended to be in November/December. As you say, each year is different and 2018/19 has been running behind the schedule of previous years. Totally take your point. A note on the website would've helped explain this and what to expect.

Thanks again for the feedback calcotti.

Malc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure