Booking.com complaint

Options

Comments

• Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just to be clear did they refund you for the original booking? If not did they pay for the replacement?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gavin83 wrote: »
    Just to be clear
    Thread is from 2018. The OP has not logged in to this site for twelve months.
  • Gavin83
    Gavin83 Posts: 8,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ah it's another resurrected thread, missed the dates. I wish this forum would start locking threads after a certain period of time.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I wish this forum would start locking threads after a certain period of time.
    I just wish people would stop bumping them in the first place. I suspect this thread was deliberately bumped up precisely one year on.
  • maggie_norman
    maggie_norman Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 June 2019 at 10:43PM
    Options
    We booked a holiday home for a 3 night stay in Porto Santo in April
    The place was absolutely unfit for habitation.
    It was infested with COCKROACHES, Completely disgusting, We had to leave!!
    Please do not book through BOOKING.COM.
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We booked a holiday home for a 3 night stay in Porto Santo in April
    The place was absolutely unfit for habitation.
    It was infested with COCKROACHES, Completely disgusting, We had to leave!!
    Please do not book through BOOKING.COM.

Not really booking.com’s fault.
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,198 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Back in January I booked a hotel (Holiday Inn) in Florida for a business trip (can't remember if it was through booking.com or hotels.com) - it was the hotel I normally use. The night before leaving I was talking to a colleague in Florida who asked where I was staying and she told me that she had driven past the hotel that morning and it was a building site (it had been virtually demoilshed by hurricane Michael).

My colleague dialled Holiday Inn customer service into the call and they explained the hotel would not be opened again until May at the earliest. I told them I had a confirmed booking for the following day and they said sorry the booking should not have been allowed ... worse still, due to all the construction workers in the area they literally had no other rooms at their other hotels.

I then contacted the booking agent (booking.com or hotels.com) and got an email response saying 'Thank you for letting us know' - not the response I was expecting. Fortunately payment was due on check out so I had paid them nothing. I managed to get a room at a hotel just back from the beach - but it took us umpteen calls to hotels in the area to find a room.

My flight got in at 10PM, so, after 22 hours of travel (door to door time), I would have turned up at the hotel at 11PM with no room - not even a hotel - and no alternative - I guess I would have had to sleep in the car.
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • 00kitkat00
    00kitkat00 Posts: 25 Forumite
    Options
    We booked a hoseasons through booking.com 6 hours from home, luckily we arrived early at 2.30 in afternoon - no sign of booking - 6 hours trying to get through to and resolve with booking.com. At 7.30 pm manager agreed two alternative accommodations stating they were available on booking.com immediately hung up and phoned both resorts who advised they were fully booked and no vacancies. Gave up with booking.com spent another hour on phone to hoseasons who called round every cottage/lodge/caravan site in the area eventually found us one an hour and twenty minute drive away.
    Reluctantly booking.com have now agreed to pay the difference as this one was another £100 more than what they had already approved.
    Yes we have the difference back from original booking to new booking but we stayed miles away from where we wanted to be, didn’t end up in our new accommodation until 9pm so I don’t think it was a great offer of compensation, I would have expected another £100 on top to be fair to cover the extra travel, the inconvenience and the fact we ended up miles from where we had planned our break.

In future if I don’t book direct with hotel I will most definitely be contacting hotel directly to confirm with them that they do have a booking wfor us before arriving.
  • brianposter
    brianposter Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ah it's another resurrected thread, missed the dates. I wish this forum would start locking threads after a certain period of time.
    Locking threads is a good way to ensure that we never discover the final resolution of a problem.
  • RGartland
    Options
    Good afternoon all, I have just had a terrible experience with booking.com. We booked a hotel in Zanzibar, Moja Tuu Zanzibar-The Luxury Villas & Nature Retreat, which was supposed to be a luxurious 5 star hotel with spa, beach, 6 restaurants etc etc.
    On arrival we found it was anything but, it was a building site in lots of places, tatty, unfinished, dangerous for my young children. I asked to speak to the manager and explained my issues, he then took me to meet their General Manager and she offered an upgrade, I asked instead for a refund as I had been miss sold the hotel and in reality is was not what it was supposed to be. She agreed and promised to do that the following week as it was pre-paid in full on booking.com (at a 'special' rate of $411 per night).
    A week later and the hotel now says they will not refund as it was a non-refundable rate, and they had not agreed to it... Would I have left if they had said they would not refund, or would I have put up with the upgraded rooms?
    Booking.com have sided totally with the hotel, they say they cannot resolve anything here and that they have conflicting stories from me and the hotel and therefore cannot take either parties side, which in effect is taking their side.
    They did ask me to send photographs which I did but apparently they are not adequate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback