Young Drivers

Options
Hi,

I 've been through the companies on the Young Drivers' Insurance page. I then thought i'd ask member's if they might know or recommend an insurance company that they had used or found to be reasonable regarding quotes for 18-22 year olds.

Thanks

Comments

• alfie1950
    alfie1950 Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    What sort of premium are you expecting A reasonable quote for an 18 year old might be in the region of £1500-£2000 whereas a reasonable quote for a 22 year might be in the region of £1000-£1600.
    As an example with full no claims discount I might pay around £250 which means that my full premium ( without NCD) would be around £1100 and that's for someone with 40 years or more driving , no accidents , no incidents , no claims , no fines , no points and full NCD
    With my children I found it best to try a couple of comparison sites to get an idea of which insurers are cheaper then one by one go though the actual insurers sites getting accurate quotes.
    There's no cheap insurers but some aren't as strict in their criteria as others.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Daniel182 wrote: »
    Hi,

I 've been through the companies on the Young Drivers' Insurance page. I then thought i'd ask member's if they might know or recommend an insurance company that they had used or found to be reasonable regarding quotes for 18-22 year olds.

Thanks

Endsleigh used to be 1 for those of that age range, not sure if they still are.
  • Daniel182
    Daniel182 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for reply.

alfie1950, you were spot on with around £1100. My best was a few pennies less.

Thanks again
  • Daniel182
    Daniel182 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for replies.

alfie1950, you were spot on with around £1100. My best was a few pennies less.

Thanks again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport