The Great 'Cheap Date' Hunt

Options

Comments

• philc_2
    philc_2 Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Lol! ;D

So I guess the best suggestion for finding a partner for a 'cheap date' so far is:

'Start a thread about dating in your chat forum' ;)
  • Irish_Claret
    Options
    It's not very inspiring stuff guys but if cash is a problem (and when isn't it?) then I have to say walks in the forest, on the hills, on the beach - whether it's raining snowing or cold is irrelevant - score highly every time. It does mean (and this is important to women - I am told/from experience) that you have to have some conversational skills! Make sure you have enough cash for a drink of some description would be the only cost.

I have recently tried internet dating - DON'T DO IT! Why? - to exchange messages costs and over three months I have spent £55. Also, there are some weird women (and men almost certainly) out there in the ether and lots of them don't even have their own teeth when you meet them or the photo is their daughter/niece etc etc. Finally I have only just shook one off who was "stalking" me!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi Guys

Interesting topic.....so your looking for a date and cost saving ideas and imagination!!!

I represent an internet dating site https://www.datediary.co.uk and yes you do have take caution when meeting somebody for the first time, but no more caution than meeting somebody for a second time after two jack daniels and a scribbled note of their phone number on the back of a cigarette packet in a bar.....get my drift?

Internet dating is not only a great way of being introduced to somebody you would never meet through conventional means, but you can really get to know somebody quite well, through using our chat and messaging service before even giving out any of your personal details.

So, ok i agree they make not always look like their photo, but the truth is you may not click with them even if they did, instead you just might walk away, after having a great night out and keep in touch as friends. Surely a bonus??

Our site, although predomintley a dating site, is
    more veered towards getting our members to love their life and get out there and enjoy. We have therefore teamed up with partners in restaurants, cinemas, health clubs etc to provide our members with discounts and special offers including a weekly prize giveaways for just being online! On that note if anybody is in a position to sponsor a weekly prize in return for free advertising, it would be great to hear from you.

Ok, here's an offer for you all, the site has been offering free signups during the month of june, as we are currently running a campaign in reading in conjuction with reading 107fm, however if you sign up to the site and put the reason for joining as Other - Moneysaver, i'll personally upgrade you to full Gold membership until the end of July totally free of charge! A saving of £7.50.

So check it out for free, and remember life is a gamble, but it just might pay off!

Tina
    Datediary.co.uk
  • FieryBlondeScot
    Options
    oooh internet dating i done this ONE TIME the most disturbing thing was i ensured i got photos of the guy from all possile angles (and some more ::)

the camera exagerrated is all i can say. i mask my dissapointment well i think by downing a few double jd n coke in record time and we end up standing at the bar. he was more smitten than me and subconsciouly i started sliding away bit by bit along to the other side of the bar. he interprets this as some sort of flirty 'chase me' thing and slowly slides towards me bit byt bit leaning closer and closer the whole time it was hysterical in a sort of 'please god send a good excuse for leaving !!!

it was funny at the time but dinnae think id do that again!!!

give me the good old fashioned 'oops i tripped over your foot' way so little mr beautiful instinctivly reaches out his hands to break your fall ;D
  • System
    Options
    Hmmm, ive been using them for a while and have met some great people, and can straight away ask them all the questions you want to know without beating around the bush... 8)
  • MSE_Martin
    MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The Great Cheapest & Best Internet Dating Sites discussion has now been set up for exactly that subject.

If we keep this one to ideas for where to go on cheap dates that'd be great.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • System
    Options
    You could try https://www.toptable.co.uk
    Great swanky restaurants at bargain prices!
  • BaritoneUK
    BaritoneUK Posts: 234 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dates can be for married couples too you know!  My wife and I have a 'date night' every week.  Why should life be boring when you get married?  We try:

1. Go out for a cheap meal
    2. Cook a meal at home
    3. Text the word 'FILM' to 241 and get 2 cinema tickets for the price of one (we are orange customers)
    4.  Haven't thought of anything else...

Any other ideas?

By the way, although American, and has a cheasy title- I would definitely recommend the book 'The Five Love Languages' by Gary Chapman. Amazon.co.uk seems to be the cheapest - £6.36. Could make your relationships a lot easier and better!

Bye...
    Moneysaving since 2004!
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://www.5pm.co.uk offers some good restaurant deals
  • System
    Options
    Dates can be for married couples too you know!  My wife and I have a 'date night' every week.  Why should life be boring when you get married?  We try:

1. Go out for a cheap meal
    2. Cook a meal at home
    3. Text the word 'FILM' to 241 and get 2 cinema tickets for the price of one (we are orange customers)
    4.  Haven't thought of anything else...

Any other ideas?

By the way, although American, and has a cheasy title- I would definitely recommend the book 'The Five Love Languages'  by Gary Chapman.  Amazon.co.uk seems to be the cheapest - £6.36. Could make your relationships a lot easier and better!

Bye...

Both these points are really important - we help mariied couples and it is really important to treat your spouse as a person to go out dating with
    AND
    the five love languages can transform any marriage!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure