IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Unfair parking charge. Didn't even do it. :(

Options

Comments

• Gazbaz77
    Gazbaz77 Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    123beas.jpg

1494dqs.jpg

21653n.jpg
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Oh yes, the famous "gesture of goodwill. This is the best definition I have found of that meaningless phrase:-

This is a nasty put-down that companies use when they know that they have been caught out and they have no choice but to try and buy you off with some token payment in order to avoid further trouble.
    'Gesture of goodwill' means that you have won but the company wants to try and retain control and make you feel grateful.
    The fact is that 99 times out of 100, the company is doing no more than they should have done under the contract anyway.
    'Gesture of goodwill' is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Customer Service today.

This actually refers to the retail and service sector, but it's still apt in many ways for these PPC clowns.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If they think the pcn was issued correctly for a double dip, then I would be tempted to take it further.
    As you said what about all the others who may have fallen victim to the double dip scam, and been too scared to contest it?
    what about this in hire/lease vehicles where the hire company just paid ignoring have advice and then charged the end user a hefty admin fee?
    What about the stress/worry/lost sleep and time its cost you?
    Local authorities can not use ANPR why should such inaccurate devices be allowed in private car parks, and relied upon to issue parking charge notices?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Gazbaz77
    Options
    Half_way wrote: »
    If they think the pcn was issued correctly for a double dip, then I would be tempted to take it further.
    As you said what about all the others who may have fallen victim to the double dip scam, and been too scared to contest it?
    what about this in hire/lease vehicles where the hire company just paid ignoring have advice and then charged the end user a hefty admin fee?
    What about the stress/worry/lost sleep and time its cost you?
    Local authorities can not use ANPR why should such inaccurate devices be allowed in private car parks, and relied upon to issue parking charge notices?

Exactly. I was expecting an apology and I'd have been happy to forget about it and move on. I'm more annoyed at the fact they're making out they're not on the fiddle and I was in the wrong but they let me off because they're such a decent company. And the fact my MP is happy with this, even though I attached all the proof I've put in here. Showing I did nothing wrong.

I might go shop lifting and if I get caught ill offer to give the stolen goods back as an gesture of good will. Wonder if I'd be allowed to walk away?

There's zero acknowledgment of this con from my MP. They just want me to be happy I've been let off it and go away. We'll sorry no, I will not just go away. I've done nothing wrong to be let off from.

Not exactly sure of my next move, seem I'm wasting my time with my MP.
  • Gazbaz77
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Oh yes, the famous "gesture of goodwill. This is the best definition I have found of that meaningless phrase:-

This is a nasty put-down that companies use when they know that they have been caught out and they have no choice but to try and buy you off with some token payment in order to avoid further trouble.
    'Gesture of goodwill' means that you have won but the company wants to try and retain control and make you feel grateful.
    The fact is that 99 times out of 100, the company is doing no more than they should have done under the contract anyway.
    'Gesture of goodwill' is symptomatic of everything that is wrong with Customer Service today.

This actually refers to the retail and service sector, but it's still apt in many ways for these PPC clowns.
    Yup. That's exactly what it is.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Gazbaz77 wrote: »
    Not exactly sure of my next move, seem I'm wasting my time with my MP.
    Write to Sir Greg Knight, (Tory), to point out how lazy your own Labour MP is.

I notice that Ms Reeves is on Twitter
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How can they see that you were a 'regular user of the car park'?

Is that because they have retained ANPR data that they should have long since deleted, under the ICO ANPR/surveillance camera CoP?

https://ico.org.uk/media/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

Page 20:
    Where it is not necessary to retain information, for example, it does not
    achieve the purpose for which you are collecting and retaining
    information, then it should be deleted.

Example: If a supermarket uses an ANPR system to monitor use of its car park
    when there is a two hour free parking limit and retains the details gathered from the
    ANPR system for those cars that have not exceeded the parking limit, then this is
    unnecessary and excessive and unlikely to comply with the data protection principles.

In this example, the VRM would be the individual's personal data.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gazbaz77
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    How can they see that you were a 'regular user of the car park'?

Is that because they have retained ANPR data that they should have long since deleted, under the ICO ANPR/surveillance camera CoP?

https://ico.org.uk/media/1542/cctv-code-of-practice.pdf

Page 20:

Ha. They've either done as you said. Or it's a massive contradiction if they're just going off my two visits which I proved with my club card statement.

If it was issued correctly and they've let me off as a gesture of good will. Then there's only proof or I've only submitted proof that i've visited that store the once, you know when I supposedly overstayed for 4 plus hours.

They can't go off my club card statement to assume I visit the store often if there also saying g I overstayed and only visited the once.

Also they can't go off the keepers address to assume I live very close to the store, as the actual keeper of the vehicle is not myself and the fine was posted to the keeper who lives about 9 miles away.

Where would you suggest I go with this. I could try replying to my MP. But she seems to think she's done her job making sure I don't have to pay the PCN, when in fact I'd already had it upheld prior to even contacting her.
  • Wez8
    Wez8 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    My wife goes to xercise4less on a regular basis and last week had to go in my van instead of the car as it was in for repair so when entering the gym you punch in your vehicle reg on a computer but force of habit put in the car reg so hence a parking fine from premier parking we're do I stand with this any advice appreciated
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,481 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Start a new thread after reading NEWBIES PLEASE READ THESE FAQS FIRST.

See below, 2 clicks back (don't ask for a link, please, it's right there staring at you now, where to read).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure